Keybinding and Joystick question

I'm trying to use a joystick with KSP. I have set my roll to Axis 1 (left/right) and pitch to Axis 0 (forward/backward). I want to set yaw to JoystickButton2+Axis1 (left/right). There are other controls where I want to do the button+axis keybindings (such as translation) thing. How would I go about doing this?

Edited by PhaserArray

Yes, this kind of thing would not be supported in KSP natively afaik. An external programmable driver for your joystick, or some other peripheral repeater would be required. You might be able to get away with the functions you seek by mapping the axis on repeats of certain keys and being able to use a shift button to allow a different profile...not very elegant, but may technically be doable with a great amount of patience. However, to actually map to the Axis configurations in the KSP settings, you would need the driver to do the differentiation so that Axis 0, Axis 1, and Axis 0+Button are able to present themselves to KSP as Axis 0, Axis 1, and Axis 2 respectively. (for example)

Not knowing your particular setup or joystick, etc...I can't actually say if such a beast exists. I looked into something similar to try and be able to swtich my X52 to present different axis depending on a mode setting, and eventually came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth my time to bother with it... I didn't feel like reprogramming drivers. But that's just me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.