KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath holds the wrong path?

I have 3 (sometimes 4) copies of KSP installed on my system: The à la carte install (in steam's directory, which I use to verify KSP itself is working and avoid issues related to auto-updating for my other installs), a development install, a modded install, and sometimes a fourth install if I just want to isolate one mod for testing if I suspect problems. The problem is, for my modded install (which is what I'm playing 99.9% of the time I'm not in my development install), it seems KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath is returning the path to the Steam install, and not the path to the currently running KSP.

Is there any workaround or fix to this, other than editing every instance of every mod that makes use of it? RSS won't even load when this path isn't what it expects.

That is strange, I use that same function and it has never given me a problem and I do the same as you with a Steam 'clean' install and stand-alone copies I actually use.

The only thing I can think of is how are you starting your different .exe's?

I'm on windows and I effectively double-click the KSP.exe of the version I want to run, are you using shortcuts or some other method to start that could be throwing a wrench into things?

From the sounds of it, the correct GameData folder loads, it is just this value is wrong so when you try to load stuff in code yourself, it's looking at the wrong folder correct?

My exact use of the value is here if you want to compare.

D.

if you are using shortcuts then double check the "start in" setting; that may be ruining your day

Ah, yeah, that looks like the problem. It was reading the environment's PATH variable and assuming that's where KSP was installed to. Strange.

Thanks. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.