Large Solid Booster (Yellow123 Parts)

yellow123

EDIT: I don't know if it's how i presented it, but it is a very useful booster. It does have a lot of flaws but it has tremendous lifting power. Here is a picture with just one booster lifting a big payload.

18oduq.jpg

Right off the bat i will say that i used Sunday Punch's large fuel tank 3d model, form his Wobbly rockets pack. All credit goes to Sunday Punch, and if i am breaking any rules or if Sunday Punch want's it put down, i will gladly take it down. And big thanks to him for letting me use it.

Made this last night, i've been wanting a large solid booster, and no one was making one, so i made one myself. I tried to make it as realistic as possible. Since its a huge solid booster, i made it sensitive to collisions, made it over heat like hell, and heavy and bulky. I am in no means a professional engineer in rockets technology, so if some one has tips to improve upon it, please, leave a comment. Also, it will overheat over nothing, so i recommend using Killerhurtz's Passive Radiator which can be found here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=663.0 .

Cons:

Heavy, Bulky

Overheat's even on a good day

Rusty

Old

smelly

Extremely Sensitive (It has feelings ya know)

Bad fuel consumption

Pros:

Thrust! Think of all the Thrust-a-bility's!

Cost: 1500

Manufacturer: Inventor Inc.

Description: Extremely large prototype solid booster. Has a tendency to overheat and is very sensitive to collisions, bad on fuel consumption, heavy, bulky, it's only saving grace is it's thrust. May have been standing outside for to long.

2rqnf4h.jpg

j14hur.jpg

ENJOY!

Download here:

http://ifile.it/b5rj9ec

That looks very much like one of Sunday Punch's fuel tanks.

Not sayin' you probably shouldn't use it.

AM saying it's good courtesy to ask before you do. ;)

That said... well... it's a booster.

EDIT: Did I just completely miss that disclaimer at the top, thus making a huge ass of myself?

In that case... sorry!

That looks very much like one of Sunday Punch's fuel tanks.

Not sayin' you probably shouldn't use it.

AM saying it's good courtesy to ask before you do. ;)

That said... well... it's a booster.

EDIT: Did I just completely miss that disclaimer at the top, thus making a huge ass of myself?

In that case... sorry!

No Problem, but i did message Sunday Punch a while ago after your post to ask his approval. Did you like the booster or just meh? Feedback is always appreciated!

I don't mind at all, but I think in the future it would probably be a good idea to get permission before using someone else's assets. At the end of the day so long as you attribute the original parts to the right person I can't really see why someone would get bent out of shape over it.

Do I like it?

Difficult to say. It's very big and while the downsides are a good idea to balance it's immense thrust... I can't say I'll ever use it over several smaller SRB's like those in the Wobbly Rockets pack.

It's size pretty much limits how to use it.

That said... man, she kicks like a mule.

A mutated mule on hyper-steroids.

I don't mind at all, but I think in the future it would probably be a good idea to get permission before using someone else's assets. At the end of the day so long as you attribute the original parts to the right person I can't really see why someone would get bent out of shape over it.

Big thanks to you and i'll make sure too ask before hand in the future.

Do I like it?

Difficult to say. It's very big and while the downsides are a good idea to balance it's immense thrust... I can't say I'll ever use it over several smaller SRB's like those in the Wobbly Rockets pack.

It's size pretty much limits how to use it.

That said... man, she kicks like a mule.

A mutated mule on hyper-steroids.

True, but when cost becomes a problem ingame, it's use will become apparent (Although i thinking of uping the cost to balance a bit)

This... looks like it could be a solution to the short range of my simulated Minuteman ICBM! (Particularly since the Minuteman really does have a large-diameter first stage and smaller upper stages...)

• 3 years later...