White pill shaped object

I'm conscious that I'm only providing limited info here. Whilst I'm happy to share anything, I'm really only asking if someone recognises this bug (or is it a debug feature of some mod?) out of the blue. I don't expect anyone else to actively search for it without proper information at hand. If worst comes to worst I'll just do a binary search myself, but first... Has anyone seen this before?

In both the SPH and VAB, straight below the center of origin of the parent part (present before the part is chosen as well) a white pill shaped object is present. It is about the size of the Mk 1 cockpit. It remains there and does nothing.

During flying it is again present on the launch pad/runway. It then remains there as the craft is launched. During flight these objects then regularly spawn from the craft, and stay fixed at the point of spawn. I don't know if they last indefinitely or if they disappear.

During timewarp it reappears at the craft origin, where it remains until end of timewarp. It then disappears immediately on stopping timewarp.

All in all there is no noticeable hit on performance or anything else out of the ordinary. Nothing red comes up in the error log. I run a multitude of mods, and I think this is caused by one of them. I normally install them correctly, maybe this is a conflict. Or I by accident downloaded the wrong version of something and its a debug/testing thing. Either way, any clues?

It's probably the PotatoRoid part, but showing up in the editor because of an incorrectly installed mod. You can wipe your GameData folder (except the Squad and NASAmission folders) and reinstall your mods, or post your output log. Find that log by reading this post.

Edited by Master Tao

Removed all the non suspects, then did a reverse binary search... found this little gem: CITUtil.dll

Part of the mod Active Struts, and when installed it unzipped straight into the GameData folder for some reason. I think it somehow either interacts with 0.25 or with KSPAPIextensions or with Infernal Robotics. Either way removing it fixed the problem, if someone else were to experience the same thing. If someone is curious I wouldn't mind uploading my log file (with the CITUtil.dll back in obviously), but I didn't find anything exciting myself when I had a quick look.

If anyone has a clue as to what happened that would satisfy my curiosity.. Otherwise I am happy that this matter is closed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.