Upgrading from 0.24

Hi!

I've been playing KSP for ages, but I've been really busy in the last couple of months, and only now have I gotten round to upgrading my install to 0.25.

The Patcher did its work and I hopped in. Everything was fine until I entered the VAB.

Every single part was doubled, and the funds indicator had a "(+ 9,8 %)" next to the number. I couldn't understand anything. My old ships would load up just fine, but it was still annoying and confusing. Same story in the SPH.

I checked out the R&D Facility: Same story. Every tab showed that I had unlocked double the amount of parts that I previously had. For example, when the next unlock involved two parts, it would show me four, the doubles of the previous.

I am running a few mods, but in this it must be something the upgrade has caused. I will however note that 'Firespitter' doesn't work.

Help?

- Max

In the first instance, I'd try a clean install. Many parts have changed with this release.

The +9,8% probably has something to do with multipliers from the new 'strategies' system. Is this an existing save?

I've actually never had much luck with the patcher, usually zip up the previous version and download fresh.

The Firespitter *plugin* works, if you grab the latest version. Dunno about the parts though.

Yes, this is an existing save.

Ok, say I want to start clean, but not entirely, as in I get up to where I was and then start playing again. Before contracts, all you did was give yourself amounts of science and power through the tech tree until you got to where you where. But I don't want to do all of the contracts again, so do you think you could help me out?

You *could* use the debug menu to insta-complete the contracts, if it's not too cheaty for you.

I had the same dilemma, ended up just sucking it up and starting over. Took it as an an opportunity to try a new mod mix too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.