Why does my engine always start at around 40% when I load a new vehicle?

You can use the DefaultThrottle mod to set the initial throttle setting to whatever you like if the 50% bothers you.

Airelibre, your pic shows 50%. The throttle gauge is divided into 15 segments and it is as 7.5.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion.

Oh yeah! Sorry! I wasn't thinking that 100% is not the top of the bar, I thought the 66% division was 50%.

It's 50%, it's horrendously annoying and there's a mod to fix it.

Otherwise, you can go straight to full (Z) or zero (X) throttle as soon as physics kicks-in.

Could I have a link to that mod?

It's annoying, but it looks like we're going to be stuck with it. The DefaultThrottle mod linked on the first page works well though. You can sets the default to whatever you want, any integer value between and including 0-100%, iirc. Shouldn't need a mod for it, but it works.

How is it annoying? It takes less time to full throttle, and if you want less or none, X is there to tap.

There were threads about it at the time, listing all the reasons it is so annoying. Since 0.25 you can press Z to go to full throttle.

For an example of 'annoying' - At launch, I have to mess around enabling SAS, disabling cross-feed on docking-ports, synching gear with the screen-indicator, checking action-groups work, etc. If I accidentally press 'space' nothing happens at zero throttle. At 100% (if Squad REALLY need to cater for the terminally stupid) the ship would launch or explode. At 50%? Who can tell, anything could happen. So putting throttle to zero BEFORE checking everything is now something else I have to do every time I go to the pad THEN put it to 100% for launch.

The whole launch setup isn't that good. For every single launch first thing is "TRZ". And if you press it to quickly it is, "TRZ...T". And in addition RCS ports have a toggle but they don't have a definite off or on so that you can't set action groups properly, and just to be more annoying, the toggle doesn't work until after you start the engines. So you have to go and disable all your mono prop fuel tanks if you want to use veer governors and other similar silly solutions.

However, Squad has said that polish isn't a priority right now but that it will be after the move to beta and .9. That and bug fixes.

So I am keeping these things in mind and ready to post them as constructive criticism when the time comes. In the meantime this game is still already more finnished then the last Ubisoft title I have ever (and will ever) purchased (SH5). So I will have patience and hope for the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.