Assembling the Norwegian Space Station

Chris94

Since, i am Norwegian i figured out to start assemble a Norwegian space station. I have already the first part, but no crew onboard. It will be part of a space program i have called Heyerdahl Space Program, named after the famous Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl. The expeditions to the space stations goes like Heyerdahl-1, Heyerdahl-2, Heyerdahl-3, Heyerdahl-4........

Heyerdahl-1 and Heyerdahl-2 was not successfull. What happened with Heyerdahl-1 was that at around 12 km in altitude when the rocket was supposed to decouple the solid rocket boosters, one of the solid rocket boosters hit the main fuel tanks and the main engine so mostly the whole rocket exploded, except the command module and the RCS module, included the docking port. The propulsion module to the space capsule exploded aswell. I got the crew safely back to the planet. Now with Heyerdahl-2, i fixed the problem with the solid rocket boosters so i attached some small engines so it could jettison away the SRB. That went successfull. The problem that occured was that i didn't had enough fuel to reach the space station so i had to return. A bit after the parachutes deployed, the parachuted ripped off from the space capsule, no idea what happened, so the space capsule went over 50 m/s before it crashed and i lost all my 3 kerbonauts.

I am now gonna start designing Heyerdahl-3, so i hope i won't run in other problems.

Assembling the first space station module to the Norwegian Space Station

UY2efz.png

Norwegian Space Station with the Norwegian flag

FM4k4e.png

Heyerdahl-1 on the launch pad

4iR8kU.png

Engines are running

LB3RAL.png

and liftoff off the Heyerdahl-1 expedition to the Norwegian Space Station

TpixQA.png

Heyerdahl-1 on it's way

xOjJ2u.png

Aaaah failure

iMI1t5.png

eGCD9T.png

Heyerdahl-1 crew landing safely back, right next to the launch pad

AHHZSs.png

Heyerdahl-2

DOKeRt.png

INSruV.png

Successfully jettisoned the SRB on Heyerdahl-2 rocket

bBsmYi.png

Edited by Chris94

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.