[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

If you want to get a release done today, you can scale the ranger yourself. Changing the RescaleFactor in the configs is enough. I'm working on jury-rigging a better RCS system.

Also going to put some kind of texture on those landing legs so I stop getting that question.

Edited by Shryq

We still interested in an updated model? The differences are subtle but I like it. More streamlined. The textures are a bit weird due to the way I changed the model. Anything that should be straight is, it's just the textures that are messed up.

I also figured out a way that we can get rid of the RCS as a separate part, keep the cool-weird-angled-port visual and still get cardinal axis RCS centered on the CoM.

MCgmQjG.png

PkxdXgY.png

zn9lz6v.png

Edited by Shryq

Honestly I don't think it's needed, if anything the nose looks a bit too thin in the new version from what I can see but if you want to redo it then go ahead.

Anyway I'm going to be taking some time out from this for a while since I need to focus on IRL stuff. Hope you guys understand & enjoy the current version!

slight problem detected:

[LOG 16:34:44.068] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Endurance/Parts/RANGER/Parts/rangerEngineleft/rangerEngineLeft'
[LOG 16:34:44.092] Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup running
[LOG 16:34:44.093] Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout
[ERR 16:34:44.097] Part: Cannot add attach node. Transform of name 'leftEngineNode_eng'

My loading process stalled at that spot.

The op says there are duel modes for the ranger. Is there really? Doesn't show up in the changelog.

No, not that I'm aware of.

slight problem detected:
[LOG 16:34:44.068] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Endurance/Parts/RANGER/Parts/rangerEngineleft/rangerEngineLeft'
[LOG 16:34:44.092] Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup running
[LOG 16:34:44.093] Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout
[ERR 16:34:44.097] Part: Cannot add attach node. Transform of name 'leftEngineNode_eng'

My loading process stalled at that spot.

Did this happen once or multiple times?

In case anybody missed it (or I might just be late), the interactive Endurance on the official movie site now has interiors for the Ranger, docking hub, hab modules, and the CM. I'm assuming they will eventually add the cryo lab and Lander. You can move around in each interior on-rails and pan the camera around to get a better look. Might help with the IVAs?

NixcWXZ.jpg

Hab module

XbC14e5.jpg

tDlf3op.jpg

Ranger

v7Yjnqe.jpg

CM

Did this happen once or multiple times?

Okay, so I admit I didn't have the time to see if it happened again. It's a stall on the loading process, and quite far into it too. That takes a lot of spare time and, as a student, I have less of that than I'd like. I suppose we'll see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

we knew this since page 3...

Well I didn't, so that's awesome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.