Game pauses when minimised?

Hey folks,

Just a quick question, earlier versions of the game didn't pause when minimised but now it seems to, can it be turned off?

I don't think it's an option you can change, because I think it has to do with how the Unity engine works. It's my understanding that when the game is minmimized, the "scene" isn't being rendered, which Unity requires to run the physics engine. I don't ever remembering a time when the game ran minmimized, but I could be wrong. Just run it in the background, I think you should be fine.

Is there any benefit to playing on full screen over windowed? Is there a performance increase or something?

Personaly I prefer runing a maximized window over runing normal fullscreen. with a maximized window you can freely alt tab or just mouse over to a second moniter to access other programs. The game can even continue to run while you do so which is useful during long burns or just haveing to timewarp for years to a transfer window. Runing in normal fullscreen forces the game to pause and minimize if you alt tab and can sometimes cause stability issues on some systems.

Protip: if you use OpenGL, you can run the game in borderless windowed mode. This is awesome: you can switch to other programs and ksp will run (and load) in the background.

Unfortunately not ever graphics card seems to have good performance with OpenGL... worth a shot.

Protip: if you use OpenGL, you can run the game in borderless windowed mode. ...

OpenGL is not required in order to run borderless window mode. One simply needs to make a shortcut to KSP.exe. Then edit the shortcut to say ".../KSP_Install/KSP.exe -popupwindow" (without the quotes).

And I agree, it's awesome! You can also ALT+TAB to your hearts content, and it doesn't cause as much wackiness with changing video modes, etc...

Typically games do better with full screen mode versus windowed. I don't know if KSP actually benefits or not, but the the benefits of borderless window mode are a big bonus for me.

Cheers,

~Claw

OpenGL is not required in order to run borderless window mode. One simply needs to make a shortcut to KSP.exe. Then edit the shortcut to say ".../KSP_Install/KSP.exe -popupwindow" (without the quotes).

And I agree, it's awesome! You can also ALT+TAB to your hearts content, and it doesn't cause as much wackiness with changing video modes, etc...

Typically games do better with full screen mode versus windowed. I don't know if KSP actually benefits or not, but the the benefits of borderless window mode are a big bonus for me.

Cheers,

~Claw

Worked for me in DX mode. Works in steam too. Right click the title, click properties. Click the Set Launch Options button. Add -popupwindow to the empty box. Make sure you turn off full screen mode in game or by editing settings.cfg.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.