Screen resolution stretching too far in widescreen in full window mode

Switched to a wide screen monitor on HDMI. In windowed mode the screen fits the entire viewing area of the monitor, but when I take windowed mode off the edges of the screen extend out a few pixels in all directions. Tried all the resolutions available including the native desktop resolution. When I go back to windowed mode the screen stretch stops.

Not sure what is causing this. Haven't had any other programs do this except KSP.

Are you able to take a screenshot? (I mean, does the distortion show up?) If so, could you upload it for us to see?

It might be that the video card drivers aren't setting the full screen resolution correctly when Unity switched to full screen mode. You can also try the borderless window option. You can select it via the launcher.

Cheers,

~Claw

I'm wondering whether you can adjust the picture width directly from the monitor... perhaps it's set slightly too wide?

All my other programs (including being on the desktop) don't have this issue. Soon as I have coffee I'll try Claw's quick fixes.

Are you able to take a screenshot? (I mean, does the distortion show up?) If so, could you upload it for us to see?

It might be that the video card drivers aren't setting the full screen resolution correctly when Unity switched to full screen mode. You can also try the borderless window option. You can select it via the launcher.

Cheers,

~Claw

When I hit 'print screen' and post it into a paint file it shows the whole screen, without the missing edges. It has the full image. Took a quick shot with my cell phone though to see what I see. Took the picture from the bottom right part of the screen. Can see that the entire version text isn't visible. It's like that all the way around the screen for the game.

http://postimg.org/image/s2d0lxo2n/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.