[POLL] What system do you play KSP on?

ping111

What OS do you play KSP with  

2,172 members have voted

1. 1. What OS do you play KSP with

• 1 year later...
Fun fact: My current PC is twice as powerful as an iMac for the same price! :) Nice markup there Apple.

*sigh*

Ignoring the fact that Apple has become more about marketing to the "ohh shiny!" crowd, Apples have something that PCs do not: universal support for the hardware AND the software. THAT'S what you're paying for. Yes, the core is Intel, but because Apple tested and developed the hardware components that they build their systems with, they can ensure that OSX works reliably every time on every Apple machine made. Moreover, thanks to having been developed to run on it specifically, OSX takes better advantage of the hardware. Hollywood ran almost exclusively on Apple right up until Final Cut Pro X, because production studios used them as tools. They expected to open the box, plug the thing in, and get to work. If one went down, Apple would take care of the problem. Not with an over-nighted part, but with a whole new machine. THAT'S what you pay for. It's not about the hardware, and it never really was.

People who crow about hardware specs have no clue what they're talking about when the systems not only run vastly different operating systems, but have support structures that are a gulf apart. It's comparing oranges to... well, apples.

/runs Windows 7 on five machines, Debian Linux on two, and OSX on one.

I play on all 3, so couldn't vote. I prefer to play KSP on linux, but the graphics are not so great (the game runs like a dream tho) and right now playing it on the PC is so painful I have gone back a version due to the long scene loading transitions which does not seem to happen on linux

Playstation Vita. ;)

Seriously, I\'ve got a mid-range computer I built myself to play games on. It also handles Google Docs quite well.

Honestly I would kill for some Vita support with this game. It's generally not easy trying get away with some last minute KSP in bed when my laptops fan faces toward my GF and starts to slowly attempt to turn her into jerky at 70c.

Both systems I run it on are Windows 7 though, mid-range laptop and high-end desktop. Well I say high end, it was two years ago, I guess an i7 2600k and GTX 580 is pretty bland these days.

imamac.jpg

Since 1993 baby!

-----

Mid-2011 21.5" iMac

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

2.8GHz i7 Sandy Bridge

Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I have a more powerful gaming PC (Win 7 x64, 3.4GHz i5-3570k Ivy Bridge, Radeon HD 7950 3GB) which shares a 27" external display with my iMac -

- but I rarely use it because my old timer brain melts when I have to switch between OS X and Windows environments frequently, really only for Win-only games like ARMA II, etc

Edited by segaprophet

Windows 8, but with Start8 installed. I actually find that I never really use the "Metro" apps.

As for the system itself, it's a Core 2 Quad with 8 GB of RAM, which is actually quite solid for its age.

That being said, I'm currently in the process of planning and budgeting for a rebuild of my system. Star Citizen looks promising, and I'm finding more and more games can't be run at highest settings.

How much did Apple pay you?

more what I mean is - I rarely use it because my old timer brain melts when I have to switch between OS X and Windows environments frequently

too bad really, the things a beast -

compy2.jpg

Edited by segaprophet

In that case use your win pc full time :D.

Lol no way. I've been a Mac-head for 20 years, I couldn't switch even if I wanted to. My brain is hard-wired at this point.

I don't even use the newer versions of Mac OS X yet (10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion) because they are too different from my classic Mac experience. (ie: they killed PowerPC support, took away Save As function, etc)

The gaming PC was a fun (but expensive) project to put together. For now it remains woefully underused, but still sates my occasional temporary desire to play some ARMA or Skyrim.

Edited by segaprophet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.