Display Driver crashing when landing over oceans.

KSP: .25 Win 32bit

Problem: When landing craft in ocean game freezes, screen goes black, display driver crashes and recovers. Sometimes BSOD. The only time this happens is when I am parachuting into the ocean looking at the craft. From IVA I have no problems landing.

Mods Installed:

Fine Print, Chatter, RLA_Stockalike, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Realchute, SDHI, FAR, Remotetech, Engineer, KOSMOS, Procedural Fairings, Firespitter, KWRocketry, DeadlyReentry, Thunder Aerospace, and Lionhead_aerospace.

Reproduction Steps: After I noticed the problem I checked and rolled back my Nvidia driver. This offered no change so I thought my GPU might be dying. After running a few other high resource games and Furmark to stress test a GPU failure seemed unlikely. I reinstalled KSP and reinstalled all mods besides graphical mods like hotrockets and texture replacer. Once again I had problems landing in the ocean. I uninstalled and reinstalled without any mods and again I had problems. A week later I updated the latest Nvidia driver and tried again. This time landing on solid ground. No graphical problems occurred. Thinking the problem was fixed I launched another craft and tried in the ocean this time. The ocean started giving me graphical artifacts with squares disappearing. Before landing I relaunch and try again landing in the ocean. I get a full BSOD. Whocrashed says either hardware or driver issues. I find this strange and run more tests playing other resource heavy games and again no problems come up. I launch once more and try landing in the ocean. Black screen again and windows recovers from driver crash. I switch to IVA to see if I can land like that. No problems at all landing in IVA.

Output log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AV8GQxE0kka0ZsVGlNOHlwZG8/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for the help.

Another update. I rolled back my drivers to September and re-installed the game. Checked Nvidia's forums and seeing a lot of people with the same problem with my series of card. Seems to be Nvidia's issue not KSP's. Problems may be driver related, heat related, or the card may be going out but I still doubt as KSP is the only game to give me problems. Please mark this issue as closed.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.