[EARLY WIP] KerbolPlus - New Planets For The Kerbol System!

Nicholander

This new mod will add 10 new bodies to the Kerbol system, all using Kopernicus.

Now, pretty pics!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It will eventually add everything in THIS thread I made 3 months ago of my original idea of this.

As of now it currently adds:

Prominatus - The long awaited 6th gas giant, it's 9000 km in diameter and is in an orbit a little less than twice that of Jool's, and has a large storm in it's northern half. It also has rings.

Fonso - The second moon of Prominatus, it's 300 km in diameter and as of now has the surface of Vall, it will eventually have an atmosphere with 2 atmospheric pressures.

Daphy - The first moon of Prominatus, it's really tiny, just 10 Km in diameter. It's orbit is fully submerged in the rings (I may or may not change that in the future), and is this pinkish-purpleish color, which is supposed to be that "Fluff".

As of now, there's no download, but I'll add on when I've added all the moons of Prominatus.

Changelog:

0.1: Added Prominatus and Fonso.

Edited by Nicholander

On the thread for Kopernicus someone said they had limited success doing that with Kittopia Tech, and I'm not really sure how to do anything beyond rings with Kittopia Tech in the first place. Maybe the in game tools/UI will do the trick, I'll have to see.

On the thread for Kopernicus someone said they had limited success doing that with Kittopia Tech, and I'm not really sure how to do anything beyond rings with Kittopia Tech in the first place. Maybe the in game tools/UI will do the trick, I'll have to see.

How did you get Fonso's actual terrain to not have Vall's texture?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, this for the old version of Kopernicus, actually even BEFORE _Augustus_ revived it by using RSS to do PQS, so it is REALLY incompatible with the current version of KoperncisuTech. But, if you really want, I still have it's files on my computer, so I can upload them and put a downlaod link.

I'd like to just use the textures really then, I know that I could just use Space Engine to find a good one, but I like the texture you use, and the Krakens eye would be interesting especially since I want to make a rouge gas giant that got knocked off from somewhere in deep space and then got captured by Kerbol. I know it wouldn't be realistic because a real gas giant would cause chaos in the system and fling planets around, but eh, its Kerbal Space Program, they can land survive a fall from orbit by landing on their helmet, so screw reality

Thanks man! I'll do my best to make the rougiest gas giant ever! Hm... maybe even make it part of early game .3. Ya know, having it make a swing near Kerbin.. or would that be dangerous? I mean... large planet... larger SOI... would things get wonky if two SOI's interfered like that? Eh.. I'll play it safe, its gunna slip between the lonely space potato and not-Mars

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.