Is there a mod that will let you SET a new ROOT PART?

Ens Gijs

I find building vehicles starting from a docking port to be a real hassle - especially when i want that port to attach to the side of a fuel tank for example. So instead i would like to build a craft as usual in the SPH - set a new root part (say my centered docking port for example) and then i can make it into a sub-assemble for VAB use.

does this mod exist?

I find building vehicles starting from a docking port to be a real hassle - especially when i want that port to attach to the side of a fuel tank for example. So instead i would like to build a craft as usual in the SPH - set a new root part (say my centered docking port for example) and then i can make it into a sub-assemble for VAB use.

does this mod exist?

SelectRoot Does what it says on the Tin, exactly what you are looking for.

SelectRoot Does what it says on the Tin, exactly what you are looking for.

That's the one. It's very simple: install it, press Ctrl-Shift-Click on the part and it's the new root. You can even force parts that are not allowed as root parts.

Or if you can wait a few days, you can just use the new Editor Gizmo in 0.90.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.