KSP needs a way to turn off radial mount snap-to when building crafts

frankgg

The one thing that drives me nuts when trying to build spacecraft in this game is when I\'m trying to build a stack of fuel tanks and that stack is close to another stack (say off a tri-coupler) then KSP always wants to snap my next fuel tank to the tank to the side of it (radial mounting) instead of under the tank above it like I want to do 99.9% of the time... I then have to keep turning my view and hunt for the 1 pixel area that will allow me to snap that fuel tank to the one directly above it.

Could the developers please include a way to momentarily disable radial mounts snap-to\'s so it is easier to snap a fuel tank (or whatever) to the part directly above or below it?

It could be as simple as making a modifier key like holding down the tab or shift key disables radial mounting snap-to\'s, or if you want to get all fancy you could add a button (like the symmetry button) that you could toggle to get the effect.

Thank you for reading my ramblings.

Definitely.... One thing that I think would also be nice is a way to select a specific snap point on a fuel tank or such that you are attaching. Then, while selected, it would only snap to corresponding snap to points nearby. This should also make it much easier to build fuel tank stacks, as you could drag that blue point directly over the other, rather then trying to get it right draging the center of the tank.