[Alpha] [Plugin] [1.0.4] Kerbal Recorder & Gameframer.com

noisybit

If i come across any more i'm happy to report them on Github if thats your preference.

Thanks for the offer but let's keep it all here for visibility's sake.

I just uploaded a new version and updated the download links. The mission recording option should operate properly now, thanks for reporting that. Missions are also deleted automatically when reverted.

- - - Updated - - -

This is very cool, but can I suggest that it captures the video for launch when the craft starts to move upwards? My shuttle has it's crew gantry disengage first, and then a 10 second countdown, with the main engines firing at 3 count, and the SRBs and clamps engaging at T-0.

http://gameframer.com/#/ksp/mission-details/4205372157

Thanks! I just uploaded a new version which starts launch recording when the vessel leaves the ground instead of stage 1 activation.

I'd like to be able to capture your entire launch sequence though, that's very cool.

Before I get to the beef of my post, I'd like to say this is a really awesome mod/service. I downloaded and installed this yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to open it until today. When I loaded my Science save file, I picked a name (Hydrogen-Dragon, pretty sweet) and launched a mission through Kerbal Construction Time. I filled out the GF window and told it to record my mission. It was pretty cool having my mission page up on my phone and watching little gifs pop up of my mission. My mission was to deliver 3 SCANsat satellites in a polar orbit to have something interesting to use RPM for. Due to the nature of my mission, I'd decouple a probe and immediately switch to it to negate the decoupler force. When I looked at the gifs on my phone, I saw the decouple but as soon as I switched vessels, all the vessels disappeared in the image and the last few seconds of the gif were a shot of Kerbin and the Sun from orbit. Not exactly a dealbreaking bug, nor one I'm sure is easily fixed at all, but I thought I'd let you know. I'd just link the image here, but I wanted to end the mission as "successful" and stop recording and ended up deleting the mission. What are the criteria for ending a mission as "successful"?

Okay regardless, this is what I meant this post to be about. It's actually a dealbreaking bug.

After I returned from that mission (at this point, I hadn't deleted the mission page on accident yet), I decided to go into the VAB and make something new to get uploaded to my new GF account. I had the camera spun around to watch the sunrise, and when I clicked on the VAB, the camera snapped back to its default position and the world screen got locked. I couldn't move the camera or click on any buildings. The stock toolbar also disappeared, but the banner at the bottom stayed and any open mod windows stayed (Alarm clock and KCT at first, then tried it again with SCANsat and FAR settings). I could interact with the banner and any open windows, and Alarm Clock allowed me to jump to a vessel. Going back to the Space Center unlocked the camera and the toolbar came back, however I still can't open the VAB. I tested it out, and I can open all buildings except the VAB and the SPH. If I click on either of those, the toolbar vanishes, the camera locks, and the only thing I can do is exit my save file and reload or jump to an alarm clock vessel and come back (not that either of those do me much good, because it still doesn't allow me into either building).

I suspect it's a mod conflict. I don't know which one or why though. I'll back up my files and start removing mods to see what fixes it.

Before I get to the beef of my post, I'd like to say this is a really awesome mod/service. I downloaded and installed this yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to open it until today. When I loaded my Science save file, I picked a name (Hydrogen-Dragon, pretty sweet) and launched a mission through Kerbal Construction Time. I filled out the GF window and told it to record my mission. It was pretty cool having my mission page up on my phone and watching little gifs pop up of my mission. My mission was to deliver 3 SCANsat satellites in a polar orbit to have something interesting to use RPM for. Due to the nature of my mission, I'd decouple a probe and immediately switch to it to negate the decoupler force. When I looked at the gifs on my phone, I saw the decouple but as soon as I switched vessels, all the vessels disappeared in the image and the last few seconds of the gif were a shot of Kerbin and the Sun from orbit. Not exactly a dealbreaking bug, nor one I'm sure is easily fixed at all, but I thought I'd let you know. I'd just link the image here, but I wanted to end the mission as "successful" and stop recording and ended up deleting the mission. What are the criteria for ending a mission as "successful"?

Okay regardless, this is what I meant this post to be about. It's actually a dealbreaking bug.

After I returned from that mission (at this point, I hadn't deleted the mission page on accident yet), I decided to go into the VAB and make something new to get uploaded to my new GF account. I had the camera spun around to watch the sunrise, and when I clicked on the VAB, the camera snapped back to its default position and the world screen got locked. I couldn't move the camera or click on any buildings. The stock toolbar also disappeared, but the banner at the bottom stayed and any open mod windows stayed (Alarm clock and KCT at first, then tried it again with SCANsat and FAR settings). I could interact with the banner and any open windows, and Alarm Clock allowed me to jump to a vessel. Going back to the Space Center unlocked the camera and the toolbar came back, however I still can't open the VAB. I tested it out, and I can open all buildings except the VAB and the SPH. If I click on either of those, the toolbar vanishes, the camera locks, and the only thing I can do is exit my save file and reload or jump to an alarm clock vessel and come back (not that either of those do me much good, because it still doesn't allow me into either building).

I suspect it's a mod conflict. I don't know which one or why though. I'll back up my files and start removing mods to see what fixes it.

I had this issue too with the stock toolbar disappaearing, The debug log shows a nulref error with Kerbal Alarm clock, (Though i only get it with KAC, and Gameframer installed, not with KAC by itself)

If i get a chance this evening ill post my log files.

I had this issue too with the stock toolbar disappaearing, The debug log shows a nulref error with Kerbal Alarm clock, (Though i only get it with KAC, and Gameframer installed, not with KAC by itself)

If i get a chance this evening ill post my log files.

Yeah I flipped back a page in the thread to see if I missed a post with someone else having this issue (didn't see any) but it was thrown around to check the log file and after browsing through it for a few minutes I found the instance where I attempted going to the SPH:

[LOG 04:10:22.805] Going to Hangar! CachedShipType: None
[LOG 04:10:22.812] 3/11/2015 4:10:22 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,AppLauncher: Destroying Button-BEFORE NULL CHECK
[LOG 04:10:22.857] 3/11/2015 4:10:22 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,AppLauncher: Destroying Button-Button Count:6
[LOG 04:10:22.864] 3/11/2015 4:10:22 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,AppLauncher: Destroying Button-AFTER NULL CHECK
[LOG 04:10:22.869] [SmokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnSceneChange
[EXC 04:10:22.877] NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject ()
Gameframer.MissionController.onGameSceneLoadRequested (GameScenes scene)
EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene)
EditorDriver.StartEditor (EditorFacility facility)
SpacePlaneHangarBuilding.OnClicked ()
SpaceCenterBuilding.EnterBuilding ()
SpaceCenterBuilding.OnLeftClick ()
SpaceCenterBuilding+
.MoveNext ()

I'm not proficient enough with coding to really understand it. It kinda seems like KAC is changing how the editor scenes are being loaded and it's causing GF to halt the loading process or something. I don't know.

[EXC 04:10:22.877] NullReferenceException

UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject ()

Gameframer.MissionController.onGameSceneLoadRequested (GameScenes scene)

EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)

HighLogic.LoadScene (GameScenes scene)

EditorDriver.StartEditor (EditorFacility facility)

SpacePlaneHangarBuilding.OnClicked ()

SpaceCenterBuilding.EnterBuilding ()

SpaceCenterBuilding.OnLeftClick ()

SpaceCenterBuilding+

.MoveNext ()

I'm not proficient enough with coding to really understand it. It kinda seems like KAC is changing how the editor scenes are being loaded and it's causing GF to halt the loading process or something. I don't know.

Sorry about this bug! It should be easy to fix with the details WolfgangAxel posted (thanks!).

Thank's for all the great feedback. The vessels you guys are uploading and missions you are saving are helping me shake out problems. After I take a bit to diagnose this crashing bug I'll post an update with what I'm working on and known problems based on everyone's uploads.

New hotfix out, 0.3.2, which should fix crashes entering the VAB/SPH after flying a mission (thanks WolgangAxel and rabidninjawombat), a bug deleting vessels, and a bug terminating missions from the tracking station.

Download here or up top.

New hotfix out, 0.3.2, which should fix crashes entering the VAB/SPH after flying a mission (thanks WolgangAxel and rabidninjawombat), a bug deleting vessels, and a bug terminating missions from the tracking station.

Download here or up top.

I'm really excited to try this out and I plan to first chance I get! Thanks for the quick response!!

Thanks again to those testing. I'm hoping to get another mod release out this weekend. Here is what I'm investigating and working on:

Vessels

• Add non-atmospheric delta-v calculations for more accurate vessel destination prediction
  • Vessel image gets cut-off when using fairings
  • Allow manual vessel type classification (launch vehicle, lander, satellite, etc.). Not quite sure what to do about sub-assemblies?

Missions

• Don't assume that all missions start on the launchpad on Kerbin. Handle in progress starts better.
  • No more automatic mission complete/failure judgment. You can manually set mission status in game.
  • Record mission end more reliably (terminate, recover, revert)
  • Record sub-missions. A sub-mission is an EVA, undocked payload, used rover, etc. Right now all of those things are buggy.
  • Allow manual event recording with a screenshot and notes
  • Manage missions in game (delete, add notes, etc.)
  • Separate camera from user controlled camera to avoid weird GIFs and errors capturing in map mode.

Website

• The mission and user pages need a lot of love

I won't get all of this finished for the next release but I plan to start by whipping mission recording into better shape. Please feel free to chime in here or at [email protected] if you'd like to comment on priorities or suggest anything.

Edited by noisybit
words

Missions

• Don't assume that all missions start on the launchpad on Kerbin. Handle in progress starts better.

I like this idea, Alot of my mission start from ships ive built, using ExtraPlanetaryLaunchPads, not sure if anything special will need to be done to support that, but its something to keep in mind :D

Random Suggestion on mission recordings. Maybe make the default option for mission recordings be the manual option, instead of automatic being the default? Just browesing the mission log on the website shows alot of unnamed missions with no pictures or events. Also maybe a prompt for a mission name? :)

Thanks again for the awesome mod, im enjoying the features alot!

Random Suggestion on mission recordings. Maybe make the default option for mission recordings be the manual option, instead of automatic being the default? Just browesing the mission log on the website shows alot of unnamed missions with no pictures or events. Also maybe a prompt for a mission name? :)

Thanks again for the awesome mod, im enjoying the features alot!

I had an idea today that also plays off of this one. If it was set to manual, it'd be easy and helpful to have a dialogue to select mission parameters. Such as, before the mission is recorded, a menu could pop up and have the option to select the mission goal ("Destination" "Orbit" "Rendezvous" "Contract" etc). Each option would allow the player to type in or select specifics for the mission (such as body, orbit characteristics, ships from a list, or contracts from a list). There could also be a checkbox for "Return to Kerbin" next to the "Begin Recording" button to tack on the recovery of the vessel to the mission completion status.

The contract system works in a sort of similar method, so I assume it's doable? I have no idea how the coding for the game works though, so I don't think I'd be any help in making this menu a thing. Doesn't have to be implemented, I just thought I'd throw my idea out there if suggestions are being thrown.

Still love this mod. I get like 25 FPS so it's pretty fun to watch gifs of the mission in a more fluid framerate. I'll definitely be using this on my save files from here on out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to upgrade to 0.3.2 today and get off the debug version you created, as uploads have been working more or less.

I do note the delta-V is way off--not just for want of vacuum delta-V--on my latest craft.

The height is off too.

Here's the GameFramer craft page, with stats.

And here's a screenshot of the craft in the VAB. Note the MechJeb delta-V figures, and the height listed in the Craft Stats in the lower right corner.

FEhfQKL.png?1

And I'm not sure what's up with the beheaded Kerbals in this mission page.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion, it would be nice if part of the mission data recorded and displayed was the Start and End Time (IE: Year 1 Day 54 Hour 13) of the mission in addition to just the length. Would be great for those of us who use mods that do things like increase build times and add Life Support, as that involves long gaps and often simultaneous missions.

Which also leads me to ask, does this plugin handle simultaneous missions properly?

Edited by Silent_Thunder

• 6 months later...
I had an idea today that also plays off of this one. If it was set to manual, it'd be easy and helpful to have a dialogue to select mission parameters. Such as, before the mission is recorded, a menu could pop up and have the option to select the mission goal ("Destination" "Orbit" "Rendezvous" "Contract" etc). Each option would allow the player to type in or select specifics for the mission (such as body, orbit characteristics, ships from a list, or contracts from a list). There could also be a checkbox for "Return to Kerbin" next to the "Begin Recording" button to tack on the recovery of the vessel to the mission completion status.

The contract system works in a sort of similar method, so I assume it's doable? I have no idea how the coding for the game works though, so I don't think I'd be any help in making this menu a thing. Doesn't have to be implemented, I just thought I'd throw my idea out there if suggestions are being thrown.

Still love this mod. I get like 25 FPS so it's pretty fun to watch gifs of the mission in a more fluid framerate. I'll definitely be using this on my save files from here on out.

I changed the default to not record. I like your ideas about setting the mission goal, etc. before recording starts. Thanks for the feedback. If you are still interested in using/testing the mod please give it another shot. The project is back in operation now, updated to 1.0.4.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a suggestion, it would be nice if part of the mission data recorded and displayed was the Start and End Time (IE: Year 1 Day 54 Hour 13) of the mission in addition to just the length. Would be great for those of us who use mods that do things like increase build times and add Life Support, as that involves long gaps and often simultaneous missions.

Which also leads me to ask, does this plugin handle simultaneous missions properly?

Good idea. I'm now recording the full date and time. I will update the mission pages to display the data soon.

Would you mind giving me a little more details on what you mean by simultaneous missions?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm probably going to upgrade to 0.3.2 today and get off the debug version you created, as uploads have been working more or less.

I do note the delta-V is way off--not just for want of vacuum delta-V--on my latest craft.

DeltaV and other ship stats should be fixed now in version 0.5. Thanks for the report.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.