Need some PC help!

flamango247

Alright, so whenever I try to open certain programs (event viewer and resource monitor where the one's I've tried that have had this problem so far) my pc asks me if I want "to allow the following program to make changes to my computer" Program name: Perfmon.exe Just seems a little weird that it's happening and wondered if anyone would know if I should allow it or not.

Side notes: My pc bluescreened a few days ago (I take good care of my pc doing disk defrags, registry defrags and disk cleans once a month at least) but I was able to open the Even Viewer after that without it asking me if I needed to and now all of sudden it's asking me. Maybe it's because I did a windows update, but maybe I should do a restore before I do anything else though? Tips and advice all welcome!

Laptop specs:

Processor: Intel i3 2.26 GHz

Graphics card: Nvidia 310m (originally 210, renamed it later)

4 gigs of DDR3

Thanks man, I knew it was a windows process but I didn't know they used it and after the blue screen and having never been asked that before, just wanted to make sure it was normal is all.

Edited by flamango247
Missed "and" before "screen" and "having"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.