So what do you think of my new laptop?

ouion

While the Intel graphics card is not top of the line it should do fine for KSP. I have an Intel 4600 and I'm not running into any problems. KSP puts a bigger load on the CPU than on the graphics card, after all.

Finding a laptop optimized for KSP is easy; finding a laptop that can run KSP well and meets many other requirements is a lot harder. Hence I ended up with the Intel graphics. The i5 will have a bigger impact than a high performance graphics card. My previous laptop had a very decent geforce card but an AMD processor and the processor ran extremely hot when running KSP (to the point where I needed ice packs to cool it; I suspect that KSP actually fried the computer). In my current i7 setup the computer isn't nearly as stressed running KSP.

I'd go with a laptop that carries a beefy cpu, preferably with excellent single thread ipc, a maxwell 970m class gpu, 16 gb ddr3, and a m.2 pcie ssd.

And none of that blasphemous 6 bit tn panel trickery. Only hidpi 8 bit ips.

Edited by andrew123

So does this run smoothly or slowly? And i check the specs and it seems game debate tells me the FPS

Low Settings: 105 FPS

Medium Settings: 80-70s FPS

High Settings: 70.5 FPS

Ultra Settings:60.5 FPS

Does threads help or not?

Is game debates information about KSP up to date?

KSP is in the uncommon position that what you as the player do strongly affects performance. The more parts you put on a given ship - and even which parts they are - the more it loads the CPU. For every CPU there comes a point where it can't keep up and the game slows down, and for every current CPU that point is within the range of what you might reasonably do.

Anyway, as a laptop that's not bad, though it's emphatically not a gaming laptop. It'll play stuff, but in graphically-demanding games you'll have to drop the detail down a lot.

As a computer, a decent desktop will run rings round it.

I guess my snarkiness went unawares, so I'll lay it out more clearly:

Do your own testing. We're more than happy to help you if you come across problems that aren't simple or obvious to solve, but the questions you are asking are rudimentary and things that you can answer yourself.

I'll hVe to be blunt: the GPU on your laptop is terrible. I have Intel HD graphics and an Nvidia GeForce 635m GPU on my laptop, and obviously I only use the Nvidia one. The Intel Hd one is a joke. Mainly just for connecting multiple monitors.

Shouldve gotten a desktop

Edited by SpaceXray

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.