My Photos from ORION EFT-1 & KSC

The Yellow Dart

I wanted to share my photos from the Orion launch and a visit to Kennedy Space Center, and a little bonus at the end. Seeing as this community includes modders and people with more than just a minor interest in such things, I tried to get photos of lots of the small details that you can't find easily except on the real thing. Unfortunately I arrived too late in the day to get the bus tour so no good pics of the VAB or any Saturn V ;.;.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

To view album on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/mnw5W

Edited by The Yellow Dart

You lucky.... I live in England. I did go on holiday to Florida once and actually my parents said that they felt a shuttle launch and saw smoke in the sky, they thought it was and earth quake at first! I looked it up for the time we were there and apparently it was STS-123

Accompanied my dad to NASA for a visit (while he was still alive - RIP), he had special area passes related to his involvement in a communications project. We were in the VAB, and I watched for a while as they assembled and prepped the Leonardo module for the ISS. Walked through a shuttle mock-up (I wasn't impressed, wanted to see the real deal, but no way). We were also out to the launch complex/pads, LC-39. I can tell you a 1-day visit isn't nearly enough time. I have pictures, including some standing beneath the Saturn V in the visitors center, but I'll have to dig them up and scan them.

Nice pictures The Yellow Dart, thanks for sharing. :cool:

I wasn't actually at KSC for the launch, I watched it from Port Canaveral, right here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=28.41924,-80.621625&hl=en&sll=32.678125,-83.178297&sspn=6.729943,11.634521&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

I was wondering if there were any KSP players around me. I actually had some guys standing behind me from NASA Langley who worked on the Launch Escape System. They said they didn't want to fight the crowds to watch from the causeway.

I wasn't actually at KSC for the launch, I watched it from Port Canaveral, right here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=28.41924,-80.621625&hl=en&sll=32.678125,-83.178297&sspn=6.729943,11.634521&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

I was wondering if there were any KSP players around me. I actually had some guys standing behind me from NASA Langley who worked on the Launch Escape System. They said they didn't want to fight the crowds to watch from the causeway.

Yeah fair enough it was quite a mess at the causeway and we had a HORRIBLE angle (or at least from my seat)- the Mobile Umbilical Platform (or whatever he said it was (it is going to be used for the SLS)) was in the way slightly...

Which btw I will be there for the SLS launch and I don't care if it means an arm missing since that suckers is gonna be one HELL of a WHUMPH. Especially since from that viewing site- it was DEAD center of the crowd- NO one could of miss it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.