January 10th will involve Kerbals, apparently

Streetwind

A little nugget of interest, perhaps, for those who don't follow it yet...

There's this small but impressive little weekly newscast named TMRO (formerly spacevidcast). They stream live on most Saturdays, and generally get just a few thousand views per recorded episode put on Youtube. But they've still managed to consistently snag very impressive interviews with people in the Newspace movement. Just to name a small subset of examples: Mads Wilson from Copenhagen Suborbital came all the way to California to be in the studio (for a few thousand views on youtube...!); they've had Dave Masten talk very candidly about his passions and projects both in the show and in a completely unscripted after-show session; they've had firsthand eyewitnesses report from Mojave after the SpaceShipTwo crash; they at one point (years ago) even had Elon Musk on the show; and in the most recent episode had the CEO of Mars One personally speak a little about how he thinks they can totally pull it off after all. The show covers a very wide range of spaceflight related topics, and it's well worth to go through the archives and watch (at least) some of the 2014 episodes if you're interested in that kind of thing. Which I assume you are, because you're playing Kerbal Space Program.

Which brings me to the purpose of the post: the first episode of 2015 has been teased to, and I quote, "be a little Kerbal-based, hopefully". The host was going to say more, but actually stopped himself, saying "I'm not gonna ruin too much of the surprise".

So I dunno about you guys, but I personally like Kerbal-based surprises :) Whatcha think it might be? One of Rowsdower's under-the-hood dealings he mumbles about in every Devnote Tuesday but somehow never is ready to reveal just yet? Might we possibly see Maxmaps or even HarvesteR join the TMRO people in the studio? Or perhaps something entirely different, like a community event? I don't know, but I do know I'll try and catch the livestream this time, even though I normally watch on youtube.

Well, anyone remember that Eeloo was a surprise update? Maybe it's coming late and so they wanted to put out on a day where it gets press coverage. I don't know really. Just a guess.

Potentially. 18.2 was released December 20th 2012, and .18 and .18.1 were released on December the 1st and 3rd, respectively.

The thing though is now with career being their big spiel, adding a new planet will almost certainly mess up some saves. If you have a probe orbiting eeloo, and a lander on the way, and suddenly eeloo is not there that might upset things.

I don't think they would to that to players.

The thing though is now with career being their big spiel, adding a new planet will almost certainly mess up some saves. If you have a probe orbiting eeloo, and a lander on the way, and suddenly eeloo is not there that might upset things.

KSP players would be warned that (a) new bod(y/ies) would be added, so why wouldn't they speed up their mission and complete it before KSP gets updated? (Unless it's a surprise update)

They might leave Eeloo there and add a planet beyond Eeloo. It's make for an interesting solar system.

I believe that it was confirmed that Eeloo was confirmed to be the innermost moon of gas planet 2.

Edited by NeatCrown

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.