New class ideas

Las-pen

Once you guys learn how to mod and add new classes, I've got a few ideas. Most of these are for various Life support and Colonization mods

Captain

- Enchances skills on fellow kerbals

Botanist

- Enchances greenhouse effectiviness.

Chef

-Makes food reserves last longer.

Medic

- Makes fellow kerbals survive longer.

Security

- Enchances weapon systems

Tourist

- Brings more funds

Miner

- Mines more resources

Feel free to use them.

Do you have any ideas?

Edited by Las-pen

Once you guys learn how to mod and add new classes, I've got a few ideas. Most of these are for various Life support and Colonization mods

Captain

- Enchances skills on fellow kerbals

Makes me think of "Aura of Command" from Warcraft :)

Botanist

- Enchances greenhouse effectiviness.

Chef

-Makes food reserves last longer.

I like it. In-game, the Botanist would simply increase the conversion rate from Waste+Water to Food resource, and Chef would lower the Food to Waste conversion.

Medic

- Makes fellow kerbals survive longer.

I don't see how this would be implemented in-game. Maybe for KeepFit it could reduce fitness degradation?

If Kerbals could die of old age, this could extend that lifespan.

Security

- Enchances weapon systems

For BDArmory or Skillful, I suppose - though this runs into the same problem that Pilots originally had. Rocket engines don't perform better depending on who's piloting, and I don't think weapons would hit harder depending on who pushes the button.

Tourist

- Brings more funds

I love it. Paired with appropriate contracts - "bring a Tourist-class Kerbal to Duna". Tourists should be completely useless - no science gathering (EVA report/Surface Sample), and shouldn't count as crew for controlling a command pod. They should also consume more Food and Water (if playing with life support), and weigh more. :)

Miner

- Mines more resources

Again, I'm not sure the drills will be more effective depending on who's running them.. but I suppose a skilled mining team would be able to extract more resources with less waste than an unskilled team, so ok. This could be programmed as just a higher production rate for infinite resources like Karbonite, and for limited resources like Kethane it could give you 1 unit of Kethane but only reduce the amount in the ground by 0.7 units, for example - which wouldn't be faster production, just extracting more resources from the same deposit. (You could do faster production too, if you wanted)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.