Weird zooming in SPH

I'm not quite sure if it happens in the VAB, but I'm certain that when I make my perspective go above the craft, the camera will zoom into the craft. I think it is very obnoxious. Is it just me? And more importantly, can I disable it? I put my view/camera right above the craft in the SPH, and the camera will zoom into the craft.

Ohh. I know I can move the craft down, but how do I move the camera down manually? I've seen people moving it up in the past, so I'm assuming there is a way to control the camera up and down

you can use Page Up/Page Down.

No, it's not just you. I logged onto the forum (something I virtually never do) just to find out about this issue. This is brand new as of 0-90. It isn't just obnoxious. It is EXTREMELY disruptive to the entire experience of building in the SPH. I can't work in the SPH anymore yet is that is my home (I focus on spaceplanes, not rockets).

Changing the camera height does not make this bug go away. -- YES, I am considering this a BUG in the sense that it creates abnormal gameplay conditions. -- Even if I put my craft on the SPH floor and tilt the camera overhead it will still zoom.

Squad, PLEASE FIX THIS.

How on Earth/Kerbin did this feature become approved and added? It makes no sense!! I set my zoom distance while working in a certain area of my craft, then I rotate my camera in all directions to make sure what I am doing looks good from all angles, make sure my fit is right, or maybe get a better viewing angle on what I am trying to do. I can't do this anymore! Not while this zoom BUG is in place! Every time I tilt camera down my viewing distance changes, often putting my camera THROUGH my craft! How on earth was this camera behavior considered a good idea?!?!

Until Squad fixes this I'm going back to 0-25. The only way to play KSP is to build craft. The only craft I like to build are in the SPH. I can't see what I'm doing in the SPH, ergo I can't build, ergo I can't play. Gone.

I worked for me. It seems that you only moved your craft down, rather than the camera. I mapped them to different keys, but just use page up and down to navigate the height of the vab. A certain low height should do it. Apart from that, it is new. I've seen nothing like this and i hate it too. I don't know if it was intentional, but it is just annoying

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.