Beta than ever contracts disappearing!

I don't know if this is already out there, so delete this thread if you want.

I was doing a bunch of Mun-related contracts at the same time: explore the mun, temperature scan, and two orbit thingies. The thing about these orbit contracts is that you have to build the satelite AFTER you accepted the contracts. So I accepted the contracts and build a (even for hard mode) cheap rocket that would give me lots of funds and science! worth it rite? no.

After my Satelite got into orbit with plenty of fuel and science bits to make my day, i accidently switched to another satelite in map view. From this point I was unable to switch back to my mun satelite, or even to the space center! So after 5 minutes of pressing useless buttons I had to restart my game (Alt+F4).

After I restarted my game all my contracts were gone! ALL OF 'M. The once I was going to accept, the once I was working on (the oh so important accept before launching a stupid satelite contracts, and ALL of my already completed contracts).

As you might expect, this is quite frustrating, since this satelite had half of my funds into it. And now I can only get the explore the mun contract back.

Has anybody else had this had this issue? I would hate to see that I'm the only one with this problem!

Please let me know.

Well, that is an odd one. We'll definitely need some more information to poke through. Could you please see the stickied Stock Support thread and upload a DxDiag, an output log, the persistent.sfs file from this occurrence, and some screenshots of what's happened, if you have any?

Thanks. :)

Oh boy i don't know what any of those things are.. no i do not have any screenshots.

To, as complete as possible, explain what happens, this is it:

I was in map view (pressing m) and accidently focussed on Kerbin (which is annoying). I tried to get the focus back on my satelite but after lots of useless spamming I gave that up.

I tried something else: Spam left-click on a different satelite, hoping the focus would go to that satelite (as long as it's not Kerbin). Spamming this satelite it in map view it then switched to that satelite with lots of lag.

After that, my camera kept zooming out and there was very little I could do. So I pressed Alt+F4. After restarting my game all my contracts were gone. that's pretty much it.

I guess there is little to do about it. First time it happened in over a year of kerballing.

Thanks for listening to my complaint (or reading I guess). Little to be done, apart from making regular backups)

Interesting. Not sure what's gone on there at all, unfortunately. You can usually switch focus back to your craft using Shift+Tab (make sure the navball is not visible in map mode to prevent throttling up by accident) in future... :/

Well, without a log it is hard to guess, but I only know of one instance when all contracts can disappear. Possibly two. Tell me, did you use the debug menu at all when you were acquiring these contracts? (The menu that pops up when you hit alt-f12)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.