The Best Navball.

Whirligig Girl

And for those people who would have no idea where they're going... Just imagine you're inside Kerbin, and the navball shows what you can see in front of you, except the whole planet got turned inside out so it looks like it would if you saw it from the outside...

If anybody understood that, good. If not, that's pretty much the best I could explain it. :P

And for those people who would have no idea where they're going... Just imagine you're inside Kerbin, and the navball shows what you can see in front of you, except the whole planet got turned inside out so it looks like it would if you saw it from the outside...

If anybody understood that, good. If not, that's pretty much the best I could explain it. :P

Something his would better used as a landing aid in a way, it could show the terrain below your craft to see if you are landing on land or water (especially when using a cloud mod over Eve). But as a nav ball it is fairly in accurate, however if you know the difference between the north pole and south pole, in terms of shape, I guess it could work.

That would require you to be extremely familiar with kerbin geography.

If you guys really want to do this, just use texture replacer and take a map of Kerbin. It has to be a real map, not a Kerbin Texture for texture replacer or something. I used this one:

kerbin_colour.png

It's from 0.17, I couldn't find a good recent map that was a single image, and for some reason texture replacer maps have white on their ground, I don't know why. Anyway, just rename the map image to "HudNavBall" in the gamedata/texturereplacer/default folder, and then load up the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.