Happy Holidays!

SQUAD

I really hope it's closer to ISRU than some works-because-of-magic drill/scoop part that turns ??? into fuel. I'd consider that the lazy route if they're just gonna cop some Kethane system.

Give us an actual interest/use for EVA beyond ticking contract boxes. Pipes, extraction, filtration, make it interactive. Please.

Totally pumped for resource mining and an aero update.

For aero the only risks i see here is it can make learning to fly rockets a bit trickier for the new player. (rockets flipping around as their light fuel empty noses catch the wind as they drift too far from the velocity vector). And too easy for veteran players (in NEAR / FAR only needing about 3.5Km of delta-v to get into kerbin orbit)

For the mining it can also make the end game too easy for veteran players. (slap a bit of mining equipment on and you can grand tour the system. travel/scan/land/mine/refuel/repeat)

An off Kerbin resource is incredibly valuable so it should be something you have to work for.

e.g.

Use a sensor/lab to scan for general areas that are rich in a particular fuel

Then you need a science Kerbal to treasure hunt the resource in the above area using soil samples.

"A large Xenon deposit appear to be located far to the north"

"A medium sized Oxidizer deposit is located nearby to the south west"

"This region is rich enough in Liquid fuel to be mined"

Then an Engineer Kerbal would be required to operate the mining equipment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.