Realistically sized shuttle

LABHOUSE

Do you want an alternative to zekes huge shuttle?! Are you too ocd to make a tiny one? Are you not very good at making huge things? Do you have no use for your 8 gigs of ram? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this shuttle is for you! It cannot take as much into orbit, and is a bit more difficult to fly, but it still does the job. It can carry up to 8 crew in the cockpit, and can hold kw 5m parts in the cargo bay. Because of the claws in the cargo bay, this can keep any cargo still, no strutting required.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Sorry, thats all imggur would let me upload before it glitched
uZ5nx6B.png

https://www./?1c7yfdzjk9p3hly

Wait until you decouple the boosters to gravity turn, if you do not you get

oCg9Ap2.png

To gravity turn, just edit the thrust limiter on the opposing engine, and turn on the one pointing to the orbiter.

Edited by LABHOUSE

• 2 months later...

I'm probably doing it very very wrong (that or I simply lack enough GHz to run it right), but this is the result I ended up with when trying to fly it. I only found this forum thread about it earlier, so I ask your pardon for my vitriol - I was totally flabbergasted with the thing when it finally loaded. I'll give it this much, it is rather impressive looking and it turned itself into a substantial and quite astounding debris pile.

>Realistic shuttle

>doesn't use Mainsails as the OMS

:P Nice job LAB. Less parts i'm sure, but harder to get to orbit? Is that even possible? Are we talking about negative percent success rates?

I love the engines on the fuel tank. Can't help but notice all of your upper-launch pictures include large sections of shuttle wing fallen off....

EDIT watching video LOL the struts - there's a reason my shuttle is 900 parts :P

EDIT EDIT I can't believe you managed to make it more parts than mine! Will have to put in Blender next to mine and see which one is bigger.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Done :D I think your shuttle is juuuust about the same size. The tank is smaller. It's a close race with the Buran someone (i forgot who) made that had a massively big tank but Mk 3 Shuttle - slap them together and you miiiiight just outdo me. But, i have yet to see it get to orbit :D

Rp0coTd.png

Edited by zekes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.