On-rails trajectories drift over time

Hey all,

This one isn't a crash or a game-breaker, but it's darned annoying. About one in three times when I launch something interplanetary, the game will assure me for several days that it's on course. Then after a few other launches and contracts, I'll check in on the long distance ship, and it'll be heading absolutely nowhere near where it was going in the first place. My first Eve probe with a 200km planned periapsis now doesn't even get an encounter and needs 1100 delta-v to correct it... It only just exited Kerbin's SOI one game-day ago! On the other hand, the probe a day behind it has had a 40km periapsis all the way and hasn't changed its mind after also leaving the Kerbin zone. They were identical ships apart from the time separation (in case of exactly this sort of Kraken attack :P)

It's definitely not an encounter with Mun or Minmas disturbing things on the way out, I always check for that after a certain incident in my early days :)

Don't really know where to start with this one... I run a bunch of mods, but as far as I'm aware none of them should be changing the on-rails behaviour. On the up side, I can fix it with the debug menu and infinite fuel to put me back on track, but it feels so dirty and knocks out my arrival time, and I'd love to know if there's something I can do to avoid it happening in the first place!

Cheers

Probably landing something else on Mun, or timewarping as something came back from Minmus... Rarely over 10000x though, that's plenty for Kerbin SOI. Nonetheless, thanks for the info, I'll set some KAC alarms for SOI changes in future and see how they go :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.