[Linux, 0.9.0] Screen momentarily corrupted when hovering mouse over the staging area (PPFX)

Hi Everyone! I just installed the 0.9.0 beta version, and I found a new problem; it's something annoying but doesn't block the game. When I hover the mouse on top of any of the "staging" icons (i.e. the separators, the engines, etc), the screen gets blurred with white and gray squares and lines; when I move the mouse away, everything goes back to normal. This happens both in the VAB editor and the launch platform.

I am including a screenshot to show what I mean (linked to my web page):

http://tirsabril.com/screenshot48b.png

I have a few mods installed, and you can even see some of them on the screen: the Flight Engineer, the Kerbal Alarm Clock, KWRocketry, and the RBR to add some voices to the game.

Does anyone know if this is a documented bug, if there is a workaround, etc?

Thank you!

that looks like a graphics card issue to me, does this happen in any other 3d games?

edit - ignore this post, you're on Linux so I don't know what the issue is, (although a similar issue I had in Linux a long time ago pointed to my gfx card not being properly seated.

[ignoring your request to ignore this post] :)

Well, it was working until now. The graphics card is an AMD Turks XT / ATI Radeon HD 6670 using its own driver. Screen resolution is 1920x1080, and I play full screen. I have no other games so I cannot check (yes, I ONLY play KSP!), but the Linux desktop works fine, with 3D effects and all.

• 2 months later...

Well, I found the solution, although I have no idea about why it works.

Hitting the ESC during when at the Space Center, and then "Setup", I found an option which does not appear while in flight, probably for functional reasons: Edge highlighting (PPFX). I had never seen it before, and it looks like it's new somehow. It was activated by default, so I deactivated it and now everything works fine!

I hope this hint is useful for somebody.

Thank you, and cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick final note: How can I change the thread title, adding a "[sOLVED]" to it? Thank you!

• 8 months later...
I know this is an old thread, but I just had to say: Tirs, thanks, you're a godsend. I was getting [U]severe[/U] FPS dropping when hovering over the staging icons in the VAB Editor. It made setting up staging painful. Disabling [B]Edge highlighting (PPFX)[/B] instantly solved it for me.

I'm playing with an nVidia GTX 690, latest drivers. I thought the option caused the highlighting to be too exaggerated in any case (especially if using StockBugFixPlus [I]Editor Symmetry Highlight[/I] feature). Someone needs to add this correlation (between that setting and the symptoms) to the Wiki in a performance / FPS related section.

[B]EDIT: [/B]I did a quick test of this on a different computer with an nVidia Quadro 5010M and didn't have the same problem. So whether the setting causes problems will probably depend on your video card. Edited by Fwiffo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.