Use a single part from a mod

soifua

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, so I apologize for that, but I'm a newb and I can't find it anywhere in the forum.

If I have a mod installed, how can I delete everything, but the parts that I want? I tried this with the FASA mod and failed. It's a beautiful mod, but I dont need the parts bogging me down, but I really want the geiger counter. I was able to find the part and delete everything else. The part shows up in the part list. I can add it to ships, but it is nonfunctional, so clearly I'm missing something. I'm guessing it's one of the .cfg files, but I don't know a) if that's right or B) which one it is and what to do with it.

All help appreciated.

thanks,

Soifua

Well you can't delete everything hehe and some mods share alot of textures to save space but if that all you want let me look real quick.

EDIT- You need the Resources folder and better when you do things like this if you keep the folder path the same.

EDIT- You did keep the FASA_Probe_Parts folder.

EDIT- If that all you want you need the FASA folder you can delete all but Resources and Probes and in the probe you can delete all but the FASA_Probe_Parts folder hope it helps.

Edited by Mecripp2

Most of the time you can simply delete the parts you don't need but you should keep all other files. Many mods come with their own plugins. With that file gone the parts won't function.

And as Mecripp already said other mods might reply on the same plugins as well.

Before deleting parts ALWAYS make a backup from your persistent.sfs. Craft with a missing part will be deleted without warning. (By the time you do get a warning it's already too late.)

If something goes wrong simply re-install the mod and revert to your backup.

Edited by Tex_NL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.