Discrimination.

RedDwarfIV

It has come to my attention that my interactions with fans on the popular TV programme My Little Pony, referred to as \'Bronies\', have been something far less than loving and tolerant - I myself described it as discrimination in a letter of apology to the TwoKinds forum.

Obviously, discrimination is not acceptable. Perhaps is was the idea of defending myself against something that is obviously harmless, but has been made to look intimidating by some members of the Internet community that drew me in. But it is not my place to offer that \'defense\' to others, and as such, I officially dispersed the AMLPR on Madcomms.Freeforums.Org at 05:23 AM British Summer Time, 13 April 2012.

It was a joke that got too serious, and I don\'t want to make the same mistake twice. Obviously just saying \'sorry\' will not repair the situation. I need to change. What I need to defend myself against now are my own flaws. All I needed was that they be pointed out.

It has come to my attention that my interactions with fans on the popular TV programme My Little Pony, referred to as \'Bronies\', have been something far less than loving and tolerant - I myself described it as discrimination in a letter of apology to the TwoKinds forum.

Obviously, discrimination is not acceptable. Perhaps is was the idea of defending myself against something that is obviously harmless, but has been made to look intimidating by some members of the Internet community that drew me in. But it is not my place to offer that \'defense\' to others, and as such, I officially dispersed the AMLPR on Madcomms.Freeforums.Org at 05:23 AM British Summer Time, 13 April 2012.

It was a joke that got too serious, and I don\'t want to make the same mistake twice. Obviously just saying \'sorry\' will not repair the situation. I need to change. What I need to defend myself against now are my own flaws. All I needed was that they be pointed out.

You\'ll have to be a bit more descriptive. I\'ll be honest, I\'m a brony, and I\'ve never felt discriminated by you. If anything I valued your opinions and respected it.

What uh....what\'s the entire story here? I didn\'t even have a clue about any of this.

I mean, not talking as a mod here, but did you like...harass people on the boards or something?

Eh, you ll be converted eventually

Jk i don\'t even know what this is, your not Doing anything bad here to us bronies, but what did you do on that other forum?

That is what I was wondering. Never had any problems out of any hatred for anyone.

*scratches head*

EDIT

I mean before I got involved and shaped up the Brony Community here good, yeah, there was problems all around. Mainly from the bronies themselves. But I mean after a little lesson of love and tolerance and a completely separate thread for the Bronies, things really settled down nicely and everyone got along. So what gets me is why mention this issue?

I mean...we all forgive you of course...for whatever you did...but I\'m sure you had your reasons considering how we all know that bad apples in any community can be so hot-headed.

I have to say it all started on the Madcomms forum when I thought, hey, wouldn\'t it be fun to RP a war between bronies and non-bronies?

And then I made a group for it. And that group didn\'t disappear after the RP did. And then I brought it to other forums, as if I were somehow entitled to have a war on Bronies there. I\'m not, and that\'s what I\'ve realised.

Discrimination comes in many forms. It probably lasted so long because I made the Bronies look like the bad guys. Its not hard to see where that idea comes from, with all the Borg refernces and images of ponies doing unusual things with \'haters gonna hate\' written over them, and the general idea that everyone will eventually become a brony. But the point is, once I\'d made them look like the bad guys, my moral ground gets shakey. I\'d feel like I\'m on the high ground, but what I was doing doesn\'t agree with that.

It eventually resulted in my producing little banners for \'AMLPR\', that group I was talking about, which said \'Alert Condition\' and had a little description of what that meant. AC2, for instance, was \'Thread under surveillance\'. Even if these banners were intended not to cause offense, but to diffuse situations such as the posting of various pony memes, the fact is that it is still basically me telling others what to do. I\'m not a moderator here, I don\'t have that right. And on the TwoKinds forum, I posted this banner, twice. Several pages apart, but on the same thread. There was an argument that I thought had ended between myself and another user over whether the pony memes were on topic or not. Well, that was resolved when perhaps an hour later I recieved a private message from the founder of the site that the image was considered off topic spam, and that if I posted it again, I would be banned. That was realisation point. I thought about it. The site founder was himself a Brony, and to have sent me that PM he must have looked at the image. That I had offended the founder of the site without even realising it shocked me, and I thought about how the things I\'d said that were supposed to cause offense must have felt to the people reading them.

So now I know what I\'ve done, and I know what not to do again. I won\'t say that should be enough, because similar to what I said earlier, its not my place to tell people what to do, and it certainly isn\'t my place to tell people when to forgive me.

Wow you kinda f*cked yourself up there

Why don\'t you make 2 countries allows equestria and another one called no bronies allowed, and we can duke It out in the RP forum?

Jkkkk

Caesar if you are going to make a post do so without making it look like complete jibberish. It is rediculus how often misunderstandings arise from posts like yours.

At any rate I have an understanding of what you have done reddwarf. Don\'t be ashamed. We support you here. Both brony and non-brony.

I would even go far as to suggest the brony community on here show RedDwarf some good old fashioned friendship? :P

Anyway. I know it is not much but I apologize for the conduct of those who hurt you. Bronies should never be like that.

Meh. I\'ve started bigger internet riots over dumber things in my youth. It\'s cool. Especially since you took a moment of self reflection and changed.

Brohoof? 8)

What\'s it called when its between a hoof and a normal hand?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.