Easily Customized Sound Track

I really feel that it would add a lot of game value for the player if we were able to simply drop files into a folder or folders to add them to a folder in the install directory. It seems like a very simple thing to do, since the game already recognizes the proper times to play music and automatically plays the right song. So what I think it ought to look like is the following:

>KSP

>GameData

>Squad

>Music

>Tracks

>Sun
>Orbit.cfg

>Kerbin
>Orbit.cfg
>Flying.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Mun
>Orbit.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Minmus
>Orbit.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Moho
>Orbit.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Eve
>Orbit.cfg
>Flying.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Gilly
>Orbit.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Duna
>Orbit.cfg
>Flying.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Ike
>Orbit.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Jool
>Orbit.cfg
>Flying.cfg

>(insert all of Jool's Moons, too lazy)
>Orbit.cfg
>Flying.cfg
>Surface.cfg

>Eeloo
>Orbit.cfg
>Surface.cfg

You put whatever tracks you want in the game into the ">Tracks" folder, and the config files for each planet's and moon's 3 possible music states is just a few lines that tells the game which track names to select and play for the right situation. This way you don't need to have multiple copies of a track in multiple folders if you want it to play in more than one location, say Kerbin orbit, Sun Orbit, and Mun Surface. You could also put a Music.cfg file in the ">Music" folder that supersedes the planet configs so that a track put in that file under an Orbit heading will play in orbit around any body in the games, in addition to any body specific tracks specified by the planet configs. That would really just be a timesaver, though, you could always just take the time and add a line to all of the configs.

So that is my idea for a good way to do it, but seriously, I would be very happy just to be able to add any songs alongside the stock tracks and have them play whenever stock music plays. It seems like this would have been added a long time ago, since this game is so modable (moddable?) and the devs usually go out of their way to try to add the ability to customized the game. I really want to add some Homeworld music, and no, I don't want to open YouTube in the background or put on headphones. Anyone else feel this way?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.