Parkour across giant space stations.

I recently watched a video by Scott Manley where he mentioned that you can make your Kerbal jump from one ladder to another in zero gravity by holding down shift, and then pressing space, or by holding shift, pressing w, a, s, or d to choose a direction to jump in and then pressing space. I was thinking it might be a fun little challenge to see if you could build a really big space station, and then get from one end of it to another without using EVA fuel at all. ;)

ok, how's this for a variation?

You'll need the B9 mod, specifically the HX parts. I just got through thowing together a 242-part ship, including struts, which not only got to orbit, but did it with a pad mass of OVER 6,000 tons and yes, because I was using the awesome plasma engines (I have a new favourite engine!) used 96% of the fuel it went up with - final orbital mass (hence payload) at 100km was 980 tons. Physically, even on the pad it's mostly space (as designed, I wanted a traversible internal space which I got with the hollow structural parts), so when I say it's BIG, you'll need to use LOTS of launch clamps for launching ANYTHING HX.

No screenies this time, but when I get round to a big ship mission in my 365 campaign, HX is where I'll be going! Awesomely big, awesomely powerful ships (I mean, 27MN!? And 6k tons??) for fewer parts than a decent shuttle mission.

This is the example station illustrated in my tutorial.

q7yAYTxl.png

Completed Station With Tractor Light

It has ladders along the 'spine' so Kerbals can move between the tractor at the top, the lab/accommodation in the middle and the cupola at the bottom. The ladders don't actually meet at the hubmax but Kerbals treat them as if they do and cross the gap without issue.

Did you read submission guide?

this is a challenge which I refer to as "busy work". An under developed "challenge" which doesn't offer much of a challenge, and is just a bunch of quick loading. Please rethink the challenge before you post. Atleast redo it so there can be rankings and allow hyper edit to orbit the stations... Just please develop it some more

Did you read submission guide?

this is a challenge which I refer to as "busy work". An under developed "challenge" which doesn't offer much of a challenge, and is just a bunch of quick loading. Please rethink the challenge before you post. Atleast redo it so there can be rankings and allow hyper edit to orbit the stations... Just please develop it some more

I may have forgotten to do that. >.> Also I think everyone is misunderstanding the challenge. The idea is to jump from ladder to ladder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.