Some contracts shouldn't pop up until others have been completed first.

I've noticed contracts like science data from orbit of planet x don't show up until after you've visited that planet, and I'd like to see something similar for the base deployment contracts. I just got a contract to deploy a base with 5 kerbals to Ike, and in this game I haven't been outside the Kerbin system yet. I took the contract anyway because it pays very well, but I feel the contract system shouldn't generate missions like this until after you complete the explore missions for a planet/system.

So you have do a mission to Ike before you can get a further mission to Ike.

I think at the moment you have to accept the "Explore <body>" mission before you get contracts for this body. This way it is possible to combine some contracts for the first mission to this body and get very, very profitable missions. I think I got 4 contracts completed at once with my first landing on Minimus.

It would be nice if you could filter out any missions to bodies you don't want to visit at the moment (like the filter buttons in the tracking station or map view) and additionally get more contract offers at the same time.

I tend to agree...

Some contracts offered are just great... but also ludicrous. After making my first contract to get to 33000m altitude I'm getting offered contracts to go to the Mun.

Now considering I have Realtech2 mod installed I'm never going to get there until I can get a coms satellite in KSO or Mun orbit first.

PLus add the Kerbal Construction Time simulation limit not allowing simulations on places you haven't "scouted" out to get some basic science intel on first then these conracts offered a your veritable mad millionaire tyre kicker... shame .. because when your limited to only two active contracts I get the feeling by the time I get close to achieving those the prestige will be so low that they are worth less because your satellite missions stole the thunder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.