New Kerbal Member/ I Could use some help

YETII

So i just bought the game 3-4 days ago after trying the demo and watching twitch streams. The game is amazing! I have run into a little problem though. I have played in sandbox mode messing around a little and spent a day on the demo so i learned how to get up to space and orbit around kerban, But now i wanted to start the career and get serious which i have. In career mode i have done quit a few exploring different areas on kerban and testing numerous parts while flying and landing. But now i want to do the orbit kerban contract. but i cant make a maneuver when i get up high enough on kerban. At first the "Ap" line was white and i couldn't do anything up there but point my jet and go. Then someone said you need to upgrade your tracking center then you will be able to make maneuvers, So i upgraded my tracking center and launch pad, And now my Ap line his blue now since i upgraded my tacking center like in the demo or in sandbox mode but i still cant click and make a maneuver. when i click the Ap line the only option it gives me is set target or switch. So what am i doing wrong? do i need to upgrade more or something.? or am i a complete idiot lol!

Hi YETII, and welcome to our forums! In response to your problem, here's a fact: You do not need maneuver nodes to get to orbit. The easiest (but not most efficient) way to get into orbit is to just burn straight up until your apoapis is above 70km. Then, when you're there, turn and burn 90 degrees to the right (assuming you didn't mess around with the roll controls) until your periapis is above 70km. Orbit Achieved! And you should know that I used that countless successful times before I learned my gravity turn, and you should also know that this needs no maneuver nodes. See you around!

Cheers, rainup9 (That's my Minecraft username.)

I think you also need to upgrade the mission control - some features have double requirements. Check what building upgrade screens say.

This.

For manoeuvre nodes you need to upgrade both the tracking centre and mission control (once each).