.90 Upgrades bug

Hey folks I have been enjoying ksp for years and love each new update.

With .90 beta out I started to start a new game and see how the career mode was coming along. I have been liking it and upgraded my launch pad last night to allow for bigger rockets.

work no issue, enjoyed my larger rockets saves and quit.

Today when I started up my game everything looked different! To my surprise every building claims to be updated but thy are not (I still have the bonus in rocket size and mass from my first upgrade)

I read that this is a known 64 bit issue but launching the game in 32 bit does seem to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Hippieheadshot

I think this is a known bug in 64-bit KSP. I have the same thing. I also have a question: since I have spent some time in this install, does anyone know how to upgrade the buildings in the file structure, because I cannot upgrade them, but can only have 2 contracts and no EVA, etc.? Thanks

Yes, open a save file and look for this section:

SCENARIO
{
name = ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities
scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
SpaceCenter/LaunchPad
{
lvl = 0.5
}
SpaceCenter/Runway
{
lvl = 0
}
SpaceCenter/VehicleAssemblyBuilding
{
lvl = 0
}
SpaceCenter/SpaceplaneHangar
{
lvl = 0
}
SpaceCenter/TrackingStation
{
lvl = 0.5
}
SpaceCenter/AstronautComplex
{
lvl = 0.5
}
SpaceCenter/MissionControl
{
lvl = 0.5
}
SpaceCenter/ResearchAndDevelopment
{
lvl = 0.5
}
SpaceCenter/Administration
{
lvl = 0
}
SpaceCenter/FlagPole
{
lvl = 0
}
}

lvl = 0 gives tier 1, lvl = 0.5 gives tier 2, lvl = 1 gives tier 3...

With .90 beta out I started to start a new game and see how the career mode was coming along. I have been liking it and upgraded my launch pad last night to allow for bigger rockets.

work no issue, enjoyed my larger rockets saves and quit.

Today when I started up my game everything looked different! To my surprise every building claims to be updated but thy are not (I still have the bonus in rocket size and mass from my first upgrade)

This is definitely a problem in Win 64-bit version of KSP, but if you are running 32-bit KSP, it must be something else. What would help out is if you could provide a save file (persistence.sfs) and some other system information, and possibly the output_log.txt file. All those things are detailed in this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92230-%21%21%21-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-%21%21%21-Stock-Support-Bug-Reporting-Guide

Welcome to the forums! :D

Cheers,

~Claw

Yes, although you won't see any of the other game mechanics such as it telling you what capabilities are unlocked on the next tier, and it won't deduct funds. But you can still progress and manually change the buildings.

I think this is a known bug in 64-bit KSP. I have the same thing. I also have a question: since I have spent some time in this install, does anyone know how to upgrade the buildings in the file structure, because I cannot upgrade them, but can only have 2 contracts and no EVA, etc.? Thanks

Two cents here, I think that 0.90 has a royal problem with Persistent file update on certain events, 32bit or 64bit, the same problem. I can get into the mission control contract center but if I try to exit, the game locks up, this happens after a normal game exit game. I'm on my 6th carreer mode start, I can get to tier three (15-20 sci) technology but thats about it. Hard mode normal mode, doesn't matter. The upgrade preceding failure is the 'rocketry' branch and all the part in mine are stock, so its not being caused by modded parts. Also on my latest save after leveling up 20 sci rocketry i could not go into the VAB; the bug is not consistent.

I would say make sure all your Add-ons are updated. Although I did this and it did not work.

Make sure all your game saves are normal exits. Again did not work.

Make a copy of the game data folder and remove all Addon directories. Going to try this next.

Kerbal seems to have forced some into 64 bit, so make sure you are running the 32 bit you installed.

0.90.0 has alot of problems, i've experienced various bugs and I see alot of bug reports here with no responses other than the spurious reply of a person with a similar problem.

If you right click on the structure it gives you the option to upgrade, if you have the $Ker$ then you can upgrade the structure, I've only made it so far as to upgrade one structure before my game locks up so . . . . . . . .

I'd guess you're seeing the bug whereby any kerbals rescued from a contract and then subsequently removed from the roster (usually by firing them from the Astronaut Complex) will make a mess of your save. It's an entirely separate issue from the one in this thread, though.

I really must ask you look at the stickies, because this issue is right here (with a detailed guide on fixing the busted save, and a plugin that functions as a temporary fix until the devs patch it properly): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105651-FIX-KSC-Buildings-Lock-Up-Can-t-Click-on-Anything-Firing-Kerbal-Crashes-Game :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.