WANTED: Contracts do NOT give science!

Dragonchampion

So playing the game and restarting over and over (I love the progression game most of all) and I start to get annoyed. WHy do contracts give science? Are you saying that private companies would know more about space flight than the actual space administration? Perposterous.

I love setting my game to high expenses, having a hard time making money and such, requiring mining operations and careful resource management as well as stage reclamation and I want to be able to get science at a normal rate, but I hate contract science. However, when you reduce science gain in difficulty, it not only reduces contract science but reduces science from science parts, too! That's unfair!

So what I would love to see is an addon that removes ALL science gain from contracts, instead forcing the player to have to do multiple missions into space to do their science, as the game was MEANT to be! (In my opinion)

Could anyone help me out?

Also, if anyone wants to make a mod that increases all part costs by 300-400% and reduces fuel cost to 20% or so I'd love that as well. Force the player to think about each stage they drop! Force the player to consider building reuseable space ships!

"Science" has little to do with the tech tree if you actually think about it, most "science" done is geology, really. The rest is actually rocketry, etc, and the companies involved do know about that.

Considering you have to go somewhere to the middle of the tech tree for the kerbal to discover ladders and landing legs...I don't think kerbal science works the same way as our science do. Who knows what is going on in their cylindrical little brains.

Considering you have to go somewhere to the middle of the tech tree for the kerbal to discover ladders and landing legs...I don't think kerbal science works the same way as our science do. Who knows what is going on in their cylindrical little brains.

Those landing legs MOVE! Without consuming any energy!

Hell man, we haven't managed that yet, give the Kerbals a break.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.