From Mechanic To Pilot

CommanderPetrovaski

For a long time I have been playing KSP, modding the game chatting with friends about it, making converts where I can but throughout it all I have always had the mindset I am just a mechanic and a crappy pilot. As life imitates art sometime games imitate life and I was trapped in my real mindset of fix not fly build not run. In the almost two years I have been loving this game I have almost exclusively ran with MechJeb, and I was fine with that. Recently though I have been working on getting my Engineer's License Third Class Unlimited for ocean going ships and I have been struggling with it, the entire concept of running things rather than fixing has been beating my behind. That is until recently, with the update to Beta I couldn't install MechJeb for a little bit and had to fly manually and I just kept flying manual. Strange as it is to say but flying without autopilot help change my mindset about being a Engineer rather than a Mechanic and I have able to get more of the concepts and study easier. So thanks you KSP and Squad for helping me become a better operator.

TL:DR Thanks KSP for making me a better sailor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.