Looking for Scientific Advisers/Editors for crossover

Fox62

Not sure if this goes in this part of the forum, but I am currently writing a MLP: FiM/KSP crossover.

Le_Gasp_O.O.jpg

Yes, yes, I know, writing an MLP fanfic and asking for help on this website? Thing is, I'm not asking for help with the MLP parts, I'm more asking for help writing the Kerbal sections, the flight and spaceflight bits in particular. Because while I may play KSP a lot, I don't know the math behind it all that well, which means I run the risk of major errors that would be a big turn-off to any spaceflight enthusiast. That, and it would be nice to have someone to bounce spacecraft designs off of so I don't have to create a hodgepodge of parts that seems to change as the story goes on.

To summarize, I am requesting assistance in this endeavour. Feel free to reply here if you are interested in joining this project, participants should ideally be able to use Google Drive's GDocs function, to facilitate collaboration on the story itself.

Edited by Fox62

I'd certainly be willing to help! You can see my crafts and what I've done in my signature, though I've done plenty of other things that I simply haven't posted. I also very much enjoy writing, though I haven't had the time due to work (every time I try to write a short story it turns into a short novel :P)

I will note that the crossover involves Kerbals with FTL capability (20c Alcubierre Dirves), meaning you should have a reasonable grasp of dealing with very large crafts. That's not to say your contributions would not be useful, it is merely that the Lotus Corporation has created no civilian spacecraft equivalent in size to what is envisioned for the main Kerbal spacecraft in the story, and your military craft are not suited for the exploration work that would be done by this vessel. That, and the ship uses various bits of tech from mods such as Karbonite, Karbonite+, ExtraPlanetary Launchpads, TAC Life Support, and Deadly Re-entry, amongst some others, to reduce the needed carry weight for the trip, increase realism somewhat, and to make the ship a bit more interesting (and open up more possibilities for plot points!) So, your help would mostly be with the lighter exploration satellites and landers.

I wasn't suggesting to use any of my craft, just examples of things I've done and that I'm capable of building decent crafts. I've had experience with larger ships but I mostly stick to smaller ones for simplicity and efficiency. But I can certainly help with anything you need.

Ok then. I should mention that Gmail and GDocs capability are required, so if you don't have a gmail, you might have a problem. Otherwise, shoot me a PM with your gmail address, and I'll share chapter 1 with you.

At the risk of threadjacking, you might be interested in JakeGrey's The Next Frontier, as posted on these forums. It's also a crossover story and the level of kerbal technology involved seems to be about what you're looking at here. It's an excellent read in its own right, and might provide a bit of inspiration on the kind of spaceflight parts to include in your own story.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.