Can't log in to the IRC chat

Ikaneko

Title says it all. Whenever I enter my nick and #kspofficial into the IRC chat login page, it just sits there connecting for 10 minutes before I close the webpage. Is this happening to everyone, or just me? If so, what can I do to get back on??

Hmm. I'm seeing the same thing, now that I check it. Sigh, I wish these things had detailed debug information. Not much I can deduce from a halted script... Oh, it gave me a timeout error. Weird.

Anywho, the actual IRC servers are still very much functional. As an alternative to the webchat, you might want to consider an IRC client that will connect to Esper's servers directly. HexChat was a good one for Windows, if I recall correctly. I primarily use Colloquy on my Mac. If you've got Linux, I'm not sure what to suggest, though doubtless Sal would know, haha. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.