Windows 32bit - Contracts not completing, despite all conditions fulfilled

KSP version: 0.90

Windows 8.1

When playing my heavily-modded install of KSP, I cannot complete certain 'test part in flight' contracts; 'test part landed', 'test part splashed down', 'reach record height', 'collect science data', 'planetary survey' and the like all seem to work fine (though this is too early in the game to test some contracts, like 'position satellite in orbit').

The contracts in question always involve testing engines and parachutes and other parts that need to be activated through staging to test. All conditions are listed as met, and the part is indeed the correct part, but when I activate it for the test, nothing happens.

Any parts that are tested by the run test button work fine.

I have quite a few mods installed, but all of them are mods to add functionality; I do not have FAR or NEAR or any other physics-changing mod, nor do I have any universe-changing mod, or any that affect the contract system (other than by adding new types of contracts, like DMagic does for its new science parts).

How can I correct this problem? I'm sure the first step is to determine what mod is causing it; is there any faster way to do that than trying each mod individually?

Edited by Xolroc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.