Why the Space Center needs a Visitor Center

tl;dr - Space programs inspire the next generation of scientist and engineers, we need a way to highlight our proudest KSP moments and one day share them.

I have been having a blast playing Beta! I've been mulling over some ideas about what could make KSP something you could be proud to share with others. NASA does this in one of the most engaging ways, Visitor Centers. If you've ever had a chance to get to one, they are awesome. Walking through the halls, you are filled with the grandest sense of accomplishment.

The Visitor Center - Another tiered building. There is both an interior and exterior component. Once multiplayer is added, this would give you a chance to highlight your greatest accomplishments.

Inside - There are a number of things I think would give a sense of longevity to your personal space program.

Wall of Kerbalnauts - Portrait, rank, 'time in space'. For lost souls, a black band across the corner.

Timeline of Program - A wall sized timeline that changes over time. When a flag is planted that triggers a contract completion, a moment on the timeline is created. Major upgrades to the space center, major catastrophes, etc.

Maps of Planets - This could be generated if/when scanning is implemented. This would be the perfect place to put flag icons and pull them off the map view and lessen the onscreen clutter of the map view.

Screenshot/gif gallery - A picture is worth a thousand words. Create a new 'science part' that if/when we get 1st person EVA that allows you to 'add a camera to the EVA suit.' This could be a one-off right click action that takes a screenshot specifically for the Visitor Center. This could be upgraded later to a video camera to create in-game gifs.

Outside - A number of places to erect statues and monuments that increases with the tier of the building. This is where NASA shows off their various rockets and statues.

Each different part of the Visitor Center could be 'opened' by reaching or spending a certain amount of reputation. Once KSP integrates multiplayer, this is how we show off our accomplishments to each other,

Thoughts?

JS

Visitor centre? I think of it as a game mechanic for making money!

A tier building that charge kerbals fund for visits every 24 hours. The higher the tier, the more achievements you can put in. Achievements will be things like getting to certain bodies, taking scientific data of certain biomes, etc. The higher the difficulty of the achievement, the more kerbals will visit.

It may also be bound to social media for easy sharing, but that is none of my concern.

I really like the idea of a visitor centre to show off your achevements and deceased kerbals. But I'm not mad of the idea of it generating money. IF you get money from the visitor centre it should be dependant on reputation which at the moment doesn't seem to have much importance, and perhaps if you don't charge entrance you get reputation boost.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.