KSP N-Prize Challenge

KSP N-prize

- You have to get to orbit using only around 2000 units of money or less, you may use any mods, including Mechjeb and even go as far as to create your own parts, but you need to include the download to the part if you decide to do this little task. However, the cost of the craft must be at least 750 units. MUST INCLUDE COST FOR FUEL!

Rules for modding: parts must not be stock models (this means that it needs to be created from scratch), if it is an engine, Isp must be less than 500. If anything else, the part must cost at a minimal 20 units, if you have a mod that has parts for less than 20 units, it is okay to use as long as you change the price on the part to 20 funds. Also, you may not change Mass values of stock parts, or of that of any mod. You may have the price of structural parts (not engines/fuel/electrical/science/aero) this means decouplers only can have lower prices than 20 funds, however, the force they must exert has to be less than 5 (kilo newtons? Or newtons?). Use tweakable everything to make things easier for you. They can be parts that are strut/frame related parts. Procedural parts is the ONLY EXCEPTION to this challenge.

- My record is 992 units, or at least, as I truly remember it as being, since I used Roverdude's Sounding rockets and pixelspace microprobes (still works even in 0.90, well, mostly), FASA, and procedural parts.Will post pic soon on this

Use Bargain rockets and procedural fairings and parts if you would like to see some others I have worked on (including launch families soon).

Hope you all come up with some really inventive ideas!

- Easy mode:

Get to orbit using <1750

-Hard mode:

Use <1500 (like reality)

-Scott Manley mode (AKA the UBER-HARD SUPER MLG PRO MODE):

use <1000, or launch upside-down, or impress me with skills (maybe do everything :wink:).

- Extremely impressive: IN RSS!

Edited by Astrofox
New and improved!

"even go as far as to create your own parts"

Seriously. This rule makes this less of a challenge than a joke.

Just make parts with ridiculous Isp and/or cost values!

iSKjTG4.png

Can make it into orbit with fuel to spare!

j658PNc.png

alvm2Cv.png

Total cost? 21 units.

ZdJGN8C.png

Changing your rules is highly recommended.

Edited by kahlzun

Okay, I will change the rules of the challenge. You have create your own parts from scratch, so this means no modifying any parts except for the ones you create yourself. Plus, your craft has to be, at least 500 kerbal units. If you wish to create your own parts then please include a download link in the description, as to actually use them for re-simulations, also, if you would like to include a download link of your craft in the description you can.

Seriously, if you can create your own parts or modify existing ones then the challenge is meaningless.

Okay Foxster, I changed the rules; A LOT- that is, so that the minimal cost is has to be more than 750, but any modded part you make cannot be stock models and may not be under 20 funds (unless it is a structural part) It is fine to do again, I think, so why not give it a whirl. Also, Procedural parts is the only Exception for this mod. Any other part less than 20 funds needs to be priced to at least 20 funds.

If you do decide to re-do this, then you may need to post pics as well. (VAB, Launchpad/midflight, stage burns, and final payload)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.