[1.3.0] Mobile Frame System [MFS] (v0.3.3) [29.05.2017]

riocrokite

Tried that- the githhub says it was last updated on January 18th....

Disregard github remarks about update date; until I learn how to make proper repository there I just use it as dropbox without other funcionality; so it's like I'm attaching new .zip files to original release of non existing repository.

Why I cant switch containers to Karbonite, Minerals, Substate etc.? In 0.90 it was possible. May be I should edit .cfg somehow?

yah, forgot to add module manager config dependent on CRP, is there anything else you would like to add beyond what was available in the previous version of the mod?

In the other news; I just played with KIS and it's awesome since you can load 6 modules inside; then enginer has an ability to mount those modules directly to attachment node. This would mean I don't need docking port system combined with ballast mod to have ability to attach/detach machinery without cumbersome docking ports \o/

The only limitation is that now that attachment of element works only when grabbing stuff from large KIS container; other than that you need several kerbals to detach or reattach item to other place (1 kerbal per ton so about 3 to 6 kerbals per power module). Other than that it's great \o/

Attaching 2nd from 7 power modules from big kis storage (you need only 1 engineer to do that). To remove it you need 3 guys + 1 engineer with screwdriver (4t dummy part).

JyJpOlg.jpg

detaching big cabins? why not, one girl with a help of 3 guys :)

jEBVuk5.jpg

What is nice is that fh21 and fh42 fit into this container (fh42 barely but still) so there is currently possibility to ship whole body (except FHX wide frame and sadly containers) in inline big KIG storages and then assembly all vehicle in situ using only 1 engineer.

Edited by riocrokite

Might want to update the pointer link for the Infernal Robotics dependency in the first post.

Currently points to: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37707-0-90-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Infernal-Robotics-0-19-3 , which, as of Apr 20, has been closed.

The new release thread for IR can be found here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116064-Plugin-0-90-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Infernal-Robotics-0-20-0

Just discovered this mod recently and love it! A bit gutted the colors aren't texture switchable in game, but I can live with that. My only query is, have the power modules been released yet or are they a WIP as I can't find them in my game. And also the objects that you have attached from the cab to the power modules in one of the pictures (almost look like exhaust pipes).

Just discovered this mod recently and love it! A bit gutted the colors aren't texture switchable in game, but I can live with that. My only query is, have the power modules been released yet or are they a WIP as I can't find them in my game. And also the objects that you have attached from the cab to the power modules in one of the pictures (almost look like exhaust pipes).

It's WIP, sadly I need to revamp the whole look to account for vacuum heat radiation (panels only) as opposed to atmospheric one (cooling fins+fans hidden inside the part)

I noticed that robotic parts in VAB/SPH are bugged (moving sideway instead of upward,stuff like that),is this a MFS bug or an infernal robotics one?

Old IR bug. After launch everything should work ok.

I've noticed it,but not having the parts working in VAB/SPH make it harder to build something that is doing what we are trying to do... :(

Sadly I'll have to make loads of test launches if I understood...

I hope the infernal robotics maker will fix it in the future.

Hey Rickorite,

would it be possible fot you to move all your parts into your own tab in the VAB/SPH? Much like IR and RealChute do. It would help a TON in finding other parts and keeping all of your parts organized.

Hey Rickorite,

would it be possible fot you to move all your parts into your own tab in the VAB/SPH? Much like IR and RealChute do. It would help a TON in finding other parts and keeping all of your parts organized.

interesting idea, will think about it

I still love these parts! So much usefulness in one simple epic package. The ability to strap a set of Kerbal Foundries tracks to the chassis and go crawling across planets and moons is nice, and I've found them to be excellent drilling and resource gathering platforms.

Would like to make two minor requests, though. One: A crew cabin/ habitat module in the ore-box styling, for use in making mobile bases. Two: A science lab in the ore-box styling for making super-size science rovers.

Otherwise, I've found just about everything I could want in here, other than (and I've seen you're working on it) some power-generation units and something to top the cabs with.

Also found the roll-caged safety seat to be useful for my IR+KAS mini-picker. I use it for moving small items around and loading little box-bed vehicles with said small items. Because there's just something fun about detaching something with KAS, dropping it, and having the Kerbal yell to the crane operator to pick it up and move it somewhere. After all, those parts are heavy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.