Tau-class Advanced KMU

Tilion

Hey folks, just been messing about in KSP recently (I blame DasValdez and the other KSP streamers who've got me re-invigorated for the inevitable crash-fest that is me playing over-modded KSP on my old & knackered machine) and I finally decided to start posting a few things, though as I explain in [thread=107879]my concurrent 'Rocket Builders' thread[/thread], I may be slow to do so.

Anyway, to the reason for this post, I present to you:

Seradyne Space Systems Tau-class Advanced KMU

(Kerbal Maneuvering Unit)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

1-Kerbal EVA Work Craft | 2.6Km/s DeltaV | KAS Gear Storage

A versatile KSP craft based on the Mk2 Drone Core that fits neatly in a Mk3 Cargo Bay. The perfect long-range in-system workhorse for your Kerbals, it has a hefty DeltaV allowance, carries four KAS containers as standard and acts as a tug/equipment carrier when docked with probes, small craft or custom cargo modules.

Required mods: KAS, Flag Decals.

DOWNLOAD from KerbalX

Please note that this is a sub-assembly, rooted at the docking port ready for insertion as payload in whatever craft you create.

So, whaddaya think, folks? I've found it to be exceedingly handy for carting KAS enabled supplies around and less troublesome than some of the smaller MMU's I've made/tried in the past, and frankly that Mk2 Drone Core was just begging to be used for something like this...

Now, could I have done it without the Flag Decal - yes, but I kinda like the mod and this is the first of my craft I'm putting up here all under the 'Seradyne Space Systems' banner, so I wanted just a hint of self-promotion! Now, of course, if you don't like the decal mod (KAS is kinda the raison d'etre for this craft anyway) it's simple enough that with the supplied pics you'll quickly be able to build it yourself (there's a small RCS tank in the middle of the cluster - that's the only non-visible part).

Now the only remaining question is: Is it manouvering, manouevering, maneuvring or something entirely different?

Edited by Tilion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.