Suggestions for my Flag?

Zabre

Kinda new here, didn't really see anywhere I could put this since it isn't quite a gameplay question, but a general one.

Here is my flag: S97izOD.png

I know for a FACT it's missing something I just. Don't know what else to put. The weird symbol in the background is a lowercase Zeta. Zabre. Z. Yeah.

Anyway any suggestions would be rad! I'm using CS6.

Edited by Zabre

Logos are the literal identity of something, usually a business or company, that often communicate a super quick and dirty preview of what said business or company is and does. So if your identity is having...an identity crisis...it can get pretty confusing for the viewer to know who the logo is for and what they do.

I think your flag is having a small identity crisis. I understand that you're using the lower Zeta as the main symbolism, but you need to generalize it a bit. The NASA logo is appealing to most everyone and not just the science nerds because it's been simplified and generalized. This is not only good for business (increased audience is always good for business), but it also means that the consumer doesn't have to decipher the logo and can just look at it and say, "Hey, AlligatorINC sells aligators, because their logo is an alligator dressed like a used car salesman."

Maybe include the word, "Zeta," or use the uppercase "Z" instead (or even use the lowercase "Z" and put "eta" behind it). Because (even though you and I know it's a "Z") it looks like an "S," and remember that logos are 90% looks, 10% functionality. If it looks like an "S" and it feels like an "S," then it's an "S." Regardless of whether or not its actually a "Z."

In addition to that change, you need to incorporate something "Zeta-y" to tie in the importance of your name to what you do. You've got a fairly large empty blue area to work with, so maybe include a mathematical instrument like a compass (not the kind that tells you where north is), or maybe something "space-y" since this is, after all, a space program.

Anyway, I've got to get back to work since my lunch is just about over. I can further comment on this after I'm done with my job:

Graphic Design.

Keep in mind that making logos isn't easy, people get paid to do it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but i'm terrible at making simple logos :D

If you want inspiration, you may want to look at real life simple logos, here are some examples. http://www.thelogofactory.com/types-of-logos/simple-logos/ http://www.logodesignlove.com/15-wonderfully-simple-logo-designs (and a duckduckgo search for simple logos) https://duckduckgo.com/?q=simple+logos&iax=1&ia=images

Keep in mind that making logos isn't easy, people get paid to do it.

Of course, yeah. I've done lots of work in the past (stuff like this) but it's been a real long time and I've never made anything without someone telling me explicity what they want it to look like. Blank canvases are just tough, y'know?

Anyway, I appreciate all the help! I'm almost done, I'll edit this post with the finished image.

:Edit: Here it is. Not that great but I'll perfect it eventually SOgCL1r.png

Edited by Zabre

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.