Solar Panel Help.

I cannot activate my solar panels. I know you are supposed to simply right click and deploy, but for the last few days right clicking does absolutely nothing and it seems to be just for the various solar panels. If I open the action groups and click on them it will show them and the option but still not let me open them. Any help in the right Direction would be appreciated. ;.;

Edited by Bauks

Well, it'd be a good idea to check that you've not already run out of electricity, for one -- look at the resources display in the widget at the top right. If you have, you're a bit stuck!

If that is the case -- always pack additional batteries (the small amount of charge in probe cores is insufficient even to last a short time without engines running), and always have one small spare battery somewhere that you've disabled as an emergency battery (so that it doesn't get used at all until you really need it); while you can't extend solar panels without power, you can enable and disable batteries and a few other things.

It's also a very good idea to pack a couple of static solar panels that don't need to be extended to function. :)

Yes I do Have power. I have tried all of the arrays that extend, both in the rocket assembly building, and in flight. Nothing seems to work. I had been using them just fine up till a few days ago when I noticed this problem. On the upside the regular panels work just fine as they don't have to be deployed so that's what I have been using as of late. If I'm the only one having this problem I may just reinstall the game but really don't want to with all the hours I've put into the career mode.

Reinstalling is probably the easist fix,and you dont have to lose your saves over it! Just navigate to your KSP directory, open the folder named 'Saves' and just copy your save folder (folder is called whatever your ingame save is) and copy and paste it into your newly downloaded KSP's 'Saves' folder.

Some systems are more prone to the right-click bug than others. Are you running OSX?

I'd say that no matter the system, that is what you are experiencing. I don't know the fix, though. Maybe someone else could help?

(:D 1,500 posts!)

Oh, I see what you mean. Often if the right-click menus aren't working I'll just furiously click until they appear. However, I've found that it's most effective to simply double click in these instances. It'll get it to appear within a few tries.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya this seems to be what I'm experiencing. I am running x64 bit windows 7. I have tried for several weeks to open any solar panel I could to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Used steam to check the integrity of the games files. I can see the Panels in the action groups selection screen when I click on it . It gives me the actions of the panel but again won't let me do anything with them. I could just use the Simple panels that don't need to be extended but really ruins a lot of designs for me. Any help would be ..well helpful :)

Edited by Bauks

Ya this seems to be what I'm experiencing. I am running x64 bit windows 7. I have tried for several weeks to open any solar panel I could to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Used steam to check the integrity of the games files. I can see the Panels in the action groups selection screen when I click on it . It gives me the actions of the panel but again won't let me for anything with them. I could just use the Simple panels that don't need to be extended but really ruins a lot of designs for me. Any help would be ..well helpful :)

Are you on Windows x64, or on 64-bit KSP?

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.