Hi there!

Fendleton

Mk41.png

Hey there, thought I\'d drop in and join the forums!

I\'ve been playing a little over two weeks now on the Demo and now the paid version, just tried my first Mun landing (...technically it DID land, although I think the explosions and everyone dying may be something to work on)....and I\'ve been loving the game. Got introduced by some buddies over IRC, and haven\'t really been able to stop playing. I\'ve always wanted to play around with rockets, and I once made a solid moter at home out of sparkler powder, duct tape and tinfoil. It blew up, but it worked for a few seconds, and that\'s what counts! This way hurts me less though, although it\'s not doing wonders for my uni assignments.

So far I\'ve blown up the tracking station, twice, got Jeb stuck in solar orbit (Sorry Jeb), got to the Mun with asymmetric thrust, almost landed on the Mun (well, I did land. Just a little too explosively), done multiple return flights to the Mun, littered space with spent stages, had some amazingly wild trips that turned out OK in the end, and made between 70 and 90 some rockets blow up!

I try to take something good out of each rocket I make and apply it to another (along with many, many 'Don\'t do this again' notes), so while I\'m still making wacky rockets that blow up a lot to see what works and what doesn\'t, the current set of my carefully planned designs are starting to be pretty good, safe, and reliable.

(2:24:23 PM) [Me]: So my prototype lander manages to land next to the launch pad' date=' and then for some random reason it topples.

(2:24:53 PM) [Me']: And, of course, the tanks full of cleaning fluid and nitroglycerine are fine but the damned LANDING LEGS explode violently.

......usually.