Bill, Bob, and Jeb's conversation at the implementation of 1.0....

Talavar

SOMEWHERE OVER KERBIN....

Bob: Hey Bill, pass me one of those K-bars.. Im starving.

Bill: Yeah, I can't wait to get home.. Im getting tired of eating these things.

Jeb: well, Don't worry Bill, we'll hit our re-entry window here within a few minutes, we'll do our de-orbit burn, and you can stuff yourself with K-bobs.

Bill: Great! To make it quicker, I think you should push our burn forward to cover more distance at orbital velocity, and drop our periapsis to about 2km, It's not like we have to worry about burning up since physical laws don't apply to our ships.

Jeb: Good Idea! We'll make it back in time for lunch instead of Dinner!

Bob: I dunno, I've heard some rumors about things changing in the world. We might not want to chance it.

Bill: Oh bob, you always worry about everything. Don't you want to get home?

Bob: Well, yeah but-

Bill: GOOD! Then it's settled! we burn late and arrive early! What do you think Jeb?

Jeb: Perfect Idea! Sound great to me, I see no problems with it, and of-course you guys know how Smart I am! ....

Bill: (rolls eyes) Uhh.. yeah Jeb.... Smart... Right.. Anyway.. Let's get buckled in for this.

Jeb: Right on!

Performs de-orbital burn

Jeb: .. there we go.. coming in at a nice 60~angle, should be there in no time!

Bill: SWEET.. IM STARVED...

Bob: Hey guys.. Somethings up with the guages.

Bill: What is it now, Bob? For Pet's sake I'm turning into a skeleton over here, and you somehow keep complaining and making it worse..

Bob: we'll you se the temperatures aren't staying at "nominal" like usual, They're actually rising a bit..

Jeb: no worries. Im sure RnD just messed up on them again. You can never trust them for anything "solid".

Bob: Yeah, but I was just looking outside at our thermometer and-

Bill: Bob, PLEASE just relax............(bump)... What was that?

Bob: Well, that's what I was trying to tell you. I was checking out the thermometer out on the wing, and it kind of... well.. melted...

Bill: WHAT?!

Bob: Yeah. It uh.. turned into something that looked like it belonged in a Goo canister, and kinda fell off...

Jeb: WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING EARLIER?

Bob: well, I tried but-

Bill: OH WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP!? THIS IS CLEARLY YOUR FAULT!!! Jeb, can you pull us out of this?

(BANG!)

Jeb: Not anymore.. I think that was our wing...

Bill: this is a joke right? you guys planned this all along! Jeb, just get us to the ground!

Jeb: Uhhh.. Getting to the ground isn't going to be a problem. getting there in one piece might be another story.

Bill: You can do it can't you?

Jeb: Uhhh... I'll tell you once we're on the ground....

To be concluded...... by you ;)

Edited by Talavar

Bob: I just saw something fly by the window!

Jeb: Probably just the parachutes burning off

Bill: Wait i just saw it too! It looks like a plane.

Jeb: No plane can fly that fast in this sou..Atmosphere.

Bob: Look it's right next to us!

Jeb: Who is that waving to us in the window?

Bill: Is that Munfred?

Jeb: It's a girl!!!!!!????

Dun, dun ,dun!!!

To Be Continued...

EDIT: YEAH Re-entry heat!

Edited by worir4

This should be interesting. So I suppose now AOA will become an issue?... how will skip-off be handled? Will orientation be an issue as well?... will capsules receive proper modifications for heat shielding? And the implications for aerobraking? And you're planning on putting a woman at the helm?!?

*sorry ladies*

Madness. Just madness.

This should be interesting. So I suppose now AOA will become an issue?... how will skip-off be handled? Will orientation be an issue as well?... will capsules receive proper modifications for heat shielding? And the implications for aerobraking? And you're planning on putting a woman at the helm?!?

*sorry ladies*

Madness. Just madness.

I'm guessing that the capsules will be treated as having heat shields built in. Anything else still under the capsule at atmosphere time - not so much. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.