Texture Replacer help

Windspren

I got Texture replacer and wanted to add this texture, which changes EVA suits.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60961-BROKEN-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-1-2-(20-12-2014)/page179?p=1643285#post1643285

When I downloaded it, it came out as a .rar file, and I have no idea what a .rar file even is. What do I do and where do I put the file? Also, when I opened it in notepad it was just a bunch of gibberish and random symbols. If it is impossible to fix, then could someone please make a texture pack similar to that one?

A .rar is a type of compressed file, like a .zip file is. Windows doesn't extract .rars by default, the way it does with .zip files, so if you're running windows, you'll need a third-party program for that.

The one Lifehacker Recommends, and the one I personally use is 7-Zip. Installing it will allow you to right-click on .rar files and extract their contents, so you can put them where they need to go. "

This How-to-Geek article is fairly thorough about it.

• 5 years later...

Follow instant open .rar file on Windows 10 by using these methods: - 

1. Open your 7-Zip File Manager then go to the folder where your files are located.
2. Select all the files you would like to compress then click "Add".
3. A window will appear "Add to Archive". In archive format you could select any format you would like. Click "OK" to start compressing the files.
4. Progress window while compressing the files.
5. Compressed file.
Source:  https://www.waybinary.com/open-rar-files-in-windows-10-free

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.