Space poop (The ways to deal with waste)

Trewor007

As many (if not all) of You know, if You install TAC life support or a mod that base on its system You get a bunch of new resources including Waste.

For the moment TAC does not give any penalty's if "bad" resources such as carbon dioxide, waste or waste water are full or even overflowing ("sadly" Kerbals don't get sick from to much CO2).

As for waste water and CO2, we can filter and recycle them with provided parts. But not with waste, it can't be re used, all we can do is throw away it by decoupling a part of our ship or by dumping it with TAC Fuel Balancer.

but maybe there is another way, in the film Apollo 13 there is a scene where they dump their "waste" to space, in The Empire Strikes Back we see a Imperial Star Destroyer dumping its garbage before going to lightspeed.

What i want to do is to use one of the rcs models for throwing waste out in space. the problems i need to face is:

a) proper ratios (i'm throwing mass out so Newtons 3 law is in motion, and i don't want the "garbage rsc system" be more effective than the normal one,

B) how to set it so it don't behave like normal rcs (something more like "toggle dumping" in the RMC menu),

Or maybe there is a mod that deals with this case.

I'm open on opinions and ideas, how to tackle this micro management issue.

I believe Waste can be converted to Compost, which is an integral part of food production.

TAC has gone thru some minor changes, tho, so I could be wrong.

Also: just fill up waste containers and release them into a sub-orbital trajectory.

Right =) Waste is indeed used in the MKS mod to make compost which in turns leads to food production.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.